I'm back even though I said never again will I gain it back (for the umpteenth time LOL)

My name is Jody. I'm age 55 and live in New York. I am 5 feet tall. Well I have returned to MFP today after maintaining my weight for a long time except this year lol. I gain so easily, even being on a low-dose thyroid medicine for 2+ years. I'm at 128 and would like to get back down to at least 115 again. It's time to be accountable and log my foods. I work out almost every day doing weight training and some cardio on other days. It's very hard to lose anything because I hate restricting, but I'm continuing to eat a healthy lifestyle and if I do need to have a cheat day once per week, I will, as long as I keep it low. I eat 6 small meals a day (300 calories each meal) for a total of 1,200 calories. I do mostly low-carb diet but still eat potatoes, low-carb bread, etc. WISH ME LUCK! I hope everyone is doing well! Please feel free to add me if you are active on MFP so that we can keep each other accountable and motivate one another!

Replies

• ldrag07444
    ldrag07444 Posts: 24 Member
    I Started again in July after my doc said my cholesterol was high. Never had this problem before. I'm 70 and was about 132 in July. Also 5'. Started logging in food, cut out pretzels and got more control of my fats. I don't eat cookies or cake so it was mostly from not really monitoring what I was eating. I'm now down to 124/125. I say that because I'm bouncing back and forth. Probably at a plateau. Hope it breaks soon! Good luck to you!
  • jodymaro1
    jodymaro1 Posts: 78 Member
    Congrats on losing some weight. Every pound counts right?! :) Yes stay away from processed foods and processed meats. Add some exercise in your routine, or change your routine. Try eating different foods rather than the same foods. That should break your plateau! Keep up the good work. And thank you for your wishes!