How long did it take you?

Options
CudyBug
CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
How long did it take everyone to lose 70 lbs? Or Maybe I should say meet your goal? Im just curious. I am one of the most impatient people alive and I just want to see great results now. I have lost 31 lbs since April. I do know that is a great accomplishment but I still feel and look fat. I can't see any change although others have clearly said they could see the 31 lbs that I lost. I did notice the other day from looking at a picture from last month with a picture this month but then I started to second guess, like maybe It was just my mind playing tricks on me since I want it so badly.

Anyways I would love to know how long it took everyone. Im all for pictures too if anyone wants to share.

Replies

• HealthyEscape
    Options
    I havent lost 70 lbs so I can't tell you how long it takes. All I can say is the weight didn't get there over night so it won't disappear over night either :-)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    33 pounds in 4 months. It's slowing now and I am OK with that, I am looking at ~1 to ~2 pounds a week to finish. Only another 33 pounds to go. :happy: I don't know anything but you want to lose it overtime so your body (and skin) can react normally. Also healthy eating and working out will trade some muscle for fat so you will look better (measurement wise) even if you don't see it on the scales week after week.
  • rioca
    rioca Posts: 3
    Options
    Your mind is playing tricks on you. You´ve done a great job so far. Just keep up the good work. Make it a way of life, not a journey to loose weight. With the first you`ll loose weight and keep it of for ever, with the second, frustration and depression will come when you gain weight again.

Congrats.
  • ruch69
    ruch69 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    15 pounds??!! Congrats !!! I think it's WONDERFUL of you to have done it.......it will be a month since I have joined mfp & started a sensible diet & NOT a pound less :mad:
    I am ready to :explode:
    But the inches have started dropping off & other women are commenting on it!!!:happy:
    So please do keep on doing whatever is working for you...
    All the best............
    Cheers....
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    I have lost exactly 69lbs (as of today) with only 16lbs to go until I reach my goal weight. I started dieting the day my daughter was born on May 18, 2009 (so just over a year ago).
    Now, KEEP IN MIND:
    1. I have not been doing it dilligently, I have fallen off of the wagon a few times
    2. EVERYBODY AND EVERY BODY IS DIFFERENT!

Losing 30lbs since April is fantastic and you should feel very proud of yourself! I will be very honest with you, I am 16lbs away from my goal and I am finaly making myself LOVE the new me. I still feel fat on a daily basis:blushing: . I think that once you have been a "Big Girl" it takes A LOT to come back mentaly. Start now, look yourself in the mirror everyday and tell yourself that you are beautiful.
    I also read this quote multiple times a day. I have it on my mirror at home and on my desk at work.

Today I will do my best to make a better tomorrow
    Today I will be honest with myself by looking in the mirror and seeing what is really there and what needs to change.
    Today I will only think about today and not worry about tomorrow or next week.
    All I have to do is get through today to make my tomorrow a better day.

*I really hope that this helps you!! Good luck in your journey!!!:heart:
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    I lost 70 once. It took me about 1 1/2 to 2 years. But, it took me 4 to 5 years to put it back on. This time I am actually trying to lose and have lost 20 in 70 days. Hope that helps...
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I've lost 78 pounds in 10.5 months. I lost about 50 pounds in the first 4 months...28 in the next 6.5 months so that lets you know how slowly I've been losing since January. 2-3 pounds a month at this point. Whatever. I'm the lightest and smallest I've ever been as an adult and while I'm still not happy with my body, I'm happy about what I've accomplished so far. I'm basically just doing what I'll be doing for the rest of my life in terms of exercise and diet so usually I'm okay with losing so slowly now. I do get impatient from time to time but that doesn't change anything (except escalating my level of frustration) so I just talk myself back down from there, relax, and let it happen.
  • amkelley
    amkelley Posts: 81
    Options
    I just want to say that 31 pounds since April is AWESOME!! That is great results FAST in my opinion!!!! WOW! I have lost 55 lbs since I had my son in January. I didnt get hardcore about losing until May and Ive lost about 17 lbs since then. Keep it up and your goal weight will be here before you know it!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    didn't lose 70, but I lost 55, took about 10 months. It started out large, with about 2.5 to 3 lbs a week, and finished up small about 1/2 to 1/4 lb per week at the very end.
  • CudyBug
    Options
    thanx everyone for the replies.

I know everyone's different. I was just curious as to what time frame I could possibly expect. On another website I was using for weightloss it said that by end of november I should reach my goal. That at first seemed sensable but then I started to think wow that isnt much time at all. Im not as hardcore at this as others are so I think my slow down of 1 lb average a week is nice. I have to remember that good things are worth waiting for right? lol
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

I know everyone's different. I was just curious as to what time frame I could possibly expect. On another website I was using for weightloss it said that by end of november I should reach my goal. That at first seemed sensable but then I started to think wow that isnt much time at all. Im not as hardcore at this as others are so I think my slow down of 1 lb average a week is nice. I have to remember that good things are worth waiting for right? lol

without knowing your specifics, I'd say 70 in just over 4 months sounds a bit too fast to me. I'd say maybe by February, or late janurary. Remember, as you approach your goal, the loss will probably slow considerably.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I once lost over 70lbs in 3 months (not doing it the MFP way that's for sure!). I didn't know any better, at 17 I was really just a child and I ABSOLUTELY regret it. I maintained the weight loss, and lost some more during uni then gradually put a lot back on after I started work.

I was ill all the time, had stress fractures in my feet, self-dislocating knee caps and multiple wrist injuries from all the exercise I was doing. I was always a healthy BMI but my body fat percentage was well below the healthy range.

And guess what? I STILL thought I was fat! I still thought I had 10-20kg to lose (approx 20-40lbs). I look at the photos now and my god I did not have another pound to lose.

I think you need to find things within yourself to make you love you, regardless of your weight and then just focus on being healthy. It is so not worth it in the end to do it any other way.

Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    30 - 35lbs. too me two years total. Lost 20lbs the first year, took an additional year to lose the last fifteen.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I've been on the journey for 5.5 months now and have lost 38lbs. I've been working with a personal trainer and have been able to maintain the majority of my muscle mass which is awesome because that will help me keep it off for the long run. I never knew before this year that when you lose weight, you lose not only fat but also muscle. I really had no idea and all that yo yo dieting was just depleting my muscle mass again and again. It feels good to be doing it the right way this time around.
  • CudyBug
    Options

without knowing your specifics, I'd say 70 in just over 4 months sounds a bit too fast to me. I'd say maybe by February, or late janurary. Remember, as you approach your goal, the loss will probably slow considerably.

Oh I have lost 31 so I need to lose another 35 to be at the first goal and thats what the other site said I would be at by november. It seems off to me as well. At a lb a week I would have only lost 30 more lbs which I would be happy with.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You have made fantastic progress and I encourage you to remember (when you are feeling so impatient) that the weight you are trying to lose did not magically appear, so you cannot expect it to magically disappear. Sounds like you are eating well and living a healthier lifestyle to have lost so much weight so quickly. Kudos to you. Just be realistic in your goals and remember everyone is different, so don't try to compare yourself to others on this journey. Good luck!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I have lost 45 pounds and it has taken me 11 months. I am also not 100% strict all the time. I do stick to my calorie allotment but I do have days where I go over. I make sure to exercise at least 3 days a week. So I have averaged about 1 pound a week...and i'm happy about that!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    So, you really are only looking to lose 31 by end of november? That sounds more reasonable, but I still don't think you should put an end date on it,
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Try having someone take a picture of you. It may help you "see" your 31 pound weight-loss. I lost 20 to reach my goal weight (It took 5 months and I still work to maintain) and I honestly can't see it in the mirror that much. I am always surprised when I see photos because it doesn't look right to me! My husband thinks I'm nuts!
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    :I've lost 36. It took me 4 months to lose 32 and another two months to lose the last 4 pounds. The weight lose slowed as I got closer to my goal. Try to be patient with your body. I hardly noticed a difference in the first 20 lbs I lost. No one noticed at work and I could still wear the same size(tells you how tight they were when I started:huh:) The next 10 pounds I dropped two sizes and the last 4 pounds I dropped another size! Everybody is different but if you are like me when you start to notice small results, big ones are soon to follow. Stick with it and be proud of every smart lifestyle change you've made:heart:

Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!