Before and After: 83 lbs lost in 15 months

Options
When I first took my before picture, I said I would NEVER post it anywhere. I was like, how can those girls post their before's up? I mean I was glad they did, but I just couldn't imagine doing it myself. My before picture was on my old phone, and I found it yesterday - I hadn't seen it in probably 8 months. I had just taken current progress pics a few days earlier.

I've changed my mind. I'm posting it to let everyone know that this is doable. I know what it is to feel hopeless and trapped in a vicious cycle... to be dependent on food for comfort and stress relief, and to not know what to do with yourself if you can't overeat when you're upset/bored/lonely. But one day, I'd just had enough.

I started by walking - I could barely do 20 minutes at a slow pace. I had to sit down on some steps and rest halfway through. Now I walk 80 minutes a night - a brisk walk, as fast as I can. I'll probably start jogging soon. I watched portions, I logged - pretty much everyday, whether I ate good or bad, I logged. I slowly substituted healthy foods in where I used to eat unhealthy ones. I found what works for ME. Most importantly, I never gave up. I fell off the wagon sometimes. The longest for three weeks or so. Then i pulled it back together. All you have to do is keep working at it.

My whole life is different now. Anything feels possible.

Before, 262 lbs

aSgt7HY.jpg

Current, 179 lbs (I'm 5'2")

9osD4TV.jpg

Replies

• linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! And I agree with the before picture things but I already have a few weeks ago. Now that one I took with a sports bra and shorts I don't know if I would post that, LOL :)
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    excellent work! You really do look fantastic. If I could be so bold as to suggest - you might start a heavy lifting routine. After seeing the results of so many women on this site who started with body types similar to what you are right now, I'm even more convinced that heavy lifting is a great way for women to progress. Good luck with whatever you choose!

P.S. get a better potato to take your progress photos ;)
  • mjmlodge
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I needed this post! I have been floating around for the past 3 weeks. I can get back to it too!
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Fab, well done.
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i love seeing before and after pics, amazing :)
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    This is quite simply, amazing. You must be so proud of yourself.

And check out those heels in pic 2!

Fabulous, well done. xxx
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congrats on an awesome job well done - you look fabulous!
  • douglasnorton
    douglasnorton Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! you look great! WTG!
  • AfricaLatina
    AfricaLatina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow honey :love: You have done so amazingly well!!

I know exactly how you feel, I have just taken some 'before' pics and feel horrified yet excited by what I might be able to acheive

Thank you so very much for the inspiration :flowerforyou: I really needed to read this today...

:heart:
  • BLStapf
    BLStapf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your story is inspiring my current weight is so high which is why I always fail cause I tell myself I am too fat to try.
    I will start today again and log everything. It's going to take time but I need to do it I am already in pain because my feet and knees can no longer handle the weight!
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    excellent work! You really do look fantastic. If I could be so bold as to suggest - you might start a heavy lifting routine. After seeing the results of so many women on this site who started with body types similar to what you are right now, I'm even more convinced that heavy lifting is a great way for women to progress. Good luck with whatever you choose!

P.S. get a better potato to take your progress photos ;)

Thanks for the advice :) I'm still a little wary of going to the gym - I know it's stupid, but...

I was thinking of going when I hit 160 or so. I do see what heavy lifting has done for some of the women on this site, and it's definitely inspiring. Right now I do a Jillian Michaels abs dvd, and squats with a weight bar (no weight on it), 5-6 days a week.

And yeah, I know the pics aren't the best, but as long as you can see I was a bigass girl and now I'm just a chubby girl, that's good enough ;)
  • sparklelioness
    Options
    This is quite simply, amazing. You must be so proud of yourself.

And check out those heels in pic 2!

Fabulous, well done. xxx

Thanks! Yeah, one of my favorite things about losing weight is that I can wear cute shoes again! Before my feet were just too puffy. They're not quite down to normal tho - I tried on a pair of Michael Kors last week - they zipped up the front, they were SO sexy - but I couldn't get the zipper all the way to the top. I was bummed, but I used it for motivation. Maybe in six weeks or so if they're still there, they'll fit.
  • sparklelioness
    Options
    Your story is inspiring my current weight is so high which is why I always fail cause I tell myself I am too fat to try.
    I will start today again and log everything. It's going to take time but I need to do it I am already in pain because my feet and knees can no longer handle the weight!

There is a quote that helped me a LOT during the beginning:

"A year from now, you'll wish you started today."

Print it out and tape it to your mirror, or your fridge. It's SO true. Although one good thing about being really big (I like to look at the bright side, lol), is that at first, the weight should come off pretty fast - it did for me anyway, because my normal diet was so high-calorie, that when I started eating normal portions and calorie amounts, I dropped 20 lbs really fast. That made me see I could do this.

But yes. There were times when I'd be like "I've dropped 45 pounds, and I'm STILL FAT". It can be disheartening.. But I just kept at it.

I just used to tell myself - this year is going to go by, whether you're dieting/eating healthy or not. Do you want to be in the same place a year from now, or do you want to have made progress? When I put it like that to myself, it was obvious what to do.

Good luck!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow!! freakin amazing! good job!!
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Awesome! you look marvelous!
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome! Look how small your armband tat looks in the after pic.
  • msjac23
    msjac23 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You look good. Awesome Job!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    What a transformation!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Print it out and tape it to your mirror, or your fridge. It's SO true. Although one good thing about being really big (I like to look at the bright side, lol), is that at first, the weight should come off pretty fast - it did for me anyway, because my normal diet was so high-calorie, that when I started eating normal portions and calorie amounts, I dropped 20 lbs really fast. That made me see I could do this.

But yes. There were times when I'd be like "I've dropped 45 pounds, and I'm STILL FAT". It can be disheartening.. But I just kept at it.

I just used to tell myself - this year is going to go by, whether you're dieting/eating healthy or not. Do you want to be in the same place a year from now, or do you want to have made progress? When I put it like that to myself, it was obvious what to do.

Good luck!
    [/quote]

These thoughts have kept me going as well. Great progress & don't be afraid of the gym, just go!
  • katelynal
    Options
    [/quote]

Good luck!
    [/quote]

^^^^^^ EXACTLY ALL OF THIS!!!!

(from OP above - somehow messed up the quoting part)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!