Back - in the UK - would like support (age 67)

Options
I haven't been on here for over a year. I have to lose 15-20 Kg. I live alone and have been using a lot of ready meals as I hate cooking. I'm aiming to learn to cook some of the things in books for vegetarian students, as I'd like to move to vegetarianism.

I have problems with depression and anxiety, polymyalgia rheumatica, diabetes, hypertension and cholesterol (the last three well-controlled). Unfortunately this means I'm on steroids, pregabalin and nortriptyline, which tend to increase appetite and lead to weight gain.

I'm retired, live alone and have 22 pet rats - which make fantastic pets.

I'd love to have some buddies -although I've forgotten how the system works!

Ann

Replies

• corrinab2705
    corrinab2705 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, have sent a request. Good luck and hope mfp can get you back on track, Im am a vegetarian and eat a lot of quorn products. I do eat some of there chilled meals like cottage pie and lasagna which are nice and quick if you haven't got time to cook and you could save the other half for lunch the next day. Good luckxx
  • ppatick
    ppatick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ann, you can accept friend requests at the top of the page, there is a silhouette of a head and shoulders. You need to add friends, positive support is a huge key to getting healthy and feeling better overall!

My husband lost the weight he needed along with me when we gave up all dairy 15 months ago, and he is now off both cholesterol and blood pressure medication. Also, he was pre-diabetic and is no longer, according to his physician and a battery of blood tests.