Excited

I'm setting a huge goal for myself! Im deciding to start it today and I'm so excited. I'm not announcing this to any of my friends and family just yet because A) i want them to be surprised and B) I have a tendency to not stick with some of my goals. I really want to keep my head in the game and stick with this one. I want to train and run a half marathon in March. I'll run some 5K and 10Ks in between when I reach that point in my traing also. At this point, I'm 258 and really haven't done any running in years, so I know this is going to be more than tough. But, lord, it will be so nice to do something that my husband can't (he seems to be able to do everything.

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    make it happen girl!!!
  • tbonethemighty
    tbonethemighty Posts: 100 Member
    Go for it. Even if it takes longer than you think, you won't regret the time you put in to prepare. I made a decision two years ago at Easter that I was going to do the Easter 10k last year...didn't start training until January (Easter was at the end of March), so that sucked, but that feeling of accomplishment was worth every drop of sweat (and wow, there were a lot...).
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Yay!!! Go for it!! That's an awesome goal. I agree with keeping it to yourself. That way there's no distractions and you can surprise the hell out of everyone later on :)