Why is this happening?

Options
I weigh everyday, and everyday I've lost exactly 3lbs. What's going on? Isn't this kind of weight loss unheard of? If I keep going at this rate then I'll have lost 84lbs by the end of next month which I'm sure wouldn't be healthy. Is anyone else losing this fast? I'm not even exercising!!!

Replies

• jerseygirlinla
    Options
    I'm totally opposite, I have been tracking my weight for 3 weeks eating no more that 1200 cal per day and I have only lost 4 lbs. I even put on 3 lbs since the last day I weighed. Very frustrating. I use to loose like you, but not anymore.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    most of it is probably water weight, it will level off. Try weighing in once a week instead.
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That does seem high... If you've recently started, it may just be because you're doing something new and your body is reacting... if so, it will probably slow down. What are your eating/exercise habits like?
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Mine is just the opposite too...I started June 7thish on here and have lost 4 pounds total. Idk why I am not losing more...anyway Why don't you up the cals a little like intead of eating 1200 a day eating 1500 and taking a nice walk or something at the end of the day. But I think they are right...it probably is just water weight.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Normal body weight flucuates 3-4 lbs in a day
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Most likely water weight or your body doing something new. When I started up again last week I lost 5lbs this week just 1lb so it will change but just do once a week since your body changes from day to day.
  • hayleejay
    hayleejay Posts: 6
    Options
    I thought it was water weight at first but it doesn't change when I eat or drink so maybe not. And I eat around 1,200 calories with no exercise. I was eating really badly before though like 3,000+ each day.