Feeling gross and horrid after my cheat meal help?

Options
2»

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    You're over thinking things. Take a more simple approach to eating. So you had a bad meal, tomorrow doesn't care what yesterday had.
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Own it. Log it. Move on. That's been the key for me. Once I own it, I can get rid of it- put it behind and go back to my usual eating. Accountability. The kind that lets you learn and move on.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    How do you guys feel after a cheat meal? .

Have you ever cheated on anything or anyone and felt good about it afterwards. NOTHING good is associated (that I can think of immediately anyway) with the word "cheat."

Get that word, that mentality out of your head, get rid of any negative associations with food so you don't have "bad" foods and you won't have to "cheat." You wanted dessert, you ate dessert. It sounded delicious.

Do you think that you will go the rest of your life with NO dessert? Of course not. Do you want to beat yourself up and feel horrible every time? I hope not. Start eating and thinking in a way now that will allow you to eat and think this way for month, years down the road.....that you can maintain for life.

Never, ever, ever, ever punish yourself with excessive exercise, skipping meals or extreme calorie restriction the next day for enjoying more food. :flowerforyou:
  • BelleVegan77
    BelleVegan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think most of us cheat :( but you just have to get back on the horse. Try sipping some water to help with the discomfort and just don't let this throw you off your game. It is ONE day it is ONE mistake it is ONE...just one. You can do this :)
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Lots of lovely fruit and veggies there Vicky....Keep it going!
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a little speed bump on your journey to your goal. Don't let it stop you. Get over it and keep working! Just don't starve yourself to "punish" yourself. :happy:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If I've eaten enough that I feel bad physically, I always have that "why did I do this?" feeling, but I've been at this long enough to know a day like that once in a while isn't going to have much of an effect on my weight. I have a higher-calorie day about once a week -- on purpose. I don't call it a cheat meal or a cheat day. It's all part of the plan. Have a few good days, and you'll be fine.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    It's one meal. Hopefully you remember the feeling next time you're tempted to eat more than you are hungry for. But you get back on the horse. Get back to your normal routine of diet and exercise, and maybe drink a bit more water. You can do this. :smile:
  • Bromard6
    Bromard6 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a day when we go over our goals. When I do it, I just plan an extra long workout or run to even it out. One cheat meal will not have much effect.
  • 1pattycakes2u
    Options
    I suggest you log it in. It is a hard thing to do. But accepting it some how helps you move on. Seeing the. Calories and counting up everything motivated me to exercise to retrieve the calorie intake I needed to stay on track. Then when you exercise which is hard for most of us. You will be more carefull of what you eat because you don't want that effort you put in to go to waist. Also if you want for instance Subway, Look it up and find your alloted calories and have what you want that fits. Hang in there OK? PATTY:flowerforyou:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    go for a run and then fast
  • jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't subscribe to the concept of regular cheat meals, however I recognize that there are times when circumstances, like yours, are going to put me in a position to inadvertantly go over my calorie quota. It happens; learn from it, but don't let it upset you. Its great that you feel uncomfortable and sick. Now you know your body has adjusted to its new lifestyle! Learn to recognize the signals of being full more quickly, 'cause you now know you don't like the result. As far as gaining weight, keep in mind you are probably eating at enough of a deficit that you may not have hit met the PLANNED differential, you are probably still at a deficit.

Good luck and keep on keepin' on.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    So you had a bad meal, tomorrow doesn't care what yesterday had.

LOVE this! This is how I try to approach it; if I have treats beyond what I'm allowed one day I log it and move on. If I allowed it to upset me greatly, it might cause me to get in to a "what's the use?" mentality and I go off the rails. Don't beat yourself up about it, just keep on keepin' on :flowerforyou:
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Fuel your body today according to your plan. No worries - every day is new!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    i don't consider myself cheating when eating over either, simply because that implies I am on a diet. I'm not.

When I know I've eaten over my calorie count, I have been known to do some extra exercise, usually an extra walk.

Please don't be too hard on yourself. You didn't cheat, you just ate more than you wanted to. :smile: .
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    go for a run and then fast

I agree with the run, not the fast.