Very Frustrated

Options
I have been watching my weight and eating only 1200 cals/day for 3 weeks now. I weighed myself today and gained 3 lbs. for a total weight loss of 3 lbs since I started. I don't want to go back to eating alot cause if I'm gaining weight now, I'll be 300 lbs by the end of the summer.

I did have a stroke in January and gained a bunch then maybe my metabolism has chanded? I am diligent logging every bit and it just seems not to be working. I do exercise too. Very frustrated but keeping at it.

Replies

• Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Is 1200 the calorie goal MFP set for you? Are you logging your exercise and eating your extra calories that it gives you? If not...you might not be eating enough. There are several factors that could be causing the issue.

I gained 4 lbs at the beginning too... I think your body needs to adjust to change.
  • suzyanne
    suzyanne Posts: 50
    Options
    I know how you feel.. I've been on this site for about 2 years and I recently hit an all-time high. It's heart breaking and difficult to deal with. Dont get me wrong, I wont say I've been diligent logging everything since I joined..there were months when I didn't have access to internet, I let myself enjoy life, went on holiday, etc. But to realize that I let it get THAT out of control..hurts. But, here I am...back at it and trying to stay strong. There is so much support around us on this site. Take all the advice you can and put it to use..there are alot of great success stories and inspirational people on here. Stay strong! Good luck. :happy:
  • arlareed
    arlareed Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. That is all I can say. I have struggled with weight loss for a long time and since March I have lost almost 40lbs finally. It was not without times of gaining 3 lbs here and there and that was very discouraging. Many things can make you gain weight - sodium etc. . .our weight fluxuates alot. BUT someone recently asked me what my secret was and I said "I'm not giving up. That is my secret." If you aren't, make sure you are exercising if you can. . . Doesn't even really have to be a lot. Just a quick question: Did MFP automatically come up with the 1200 calories a day?
  • jerseygirlinla
    Options
    yes mgp did tell me to eat 1200. I actually lowered it to 1000, but I think I am gonna put it up to 1200 again. I don't want my body to go into starvation mode, it may be in it now. Idk. But thanks everyone for the advice.