Every Band Has at least One Redeemable Song

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I have to go there...

I can't stand Miley Cyrus. Seriously. That ridiculous song she did on the VMAs I think is probably one of the worst songs ever written.

"can't wait to see you again" is awesome for karaoke.
    "fly on the wall" is also a good running tune

I kinda wanna choke her now, but if I can picture someone else, I almost don't mind her latest single
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I want to add Daughtry to the list. He shows up in my Pandora stations all the time and I keep having to knock him off. Drives me crazy!!

I thought I was alone!!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Kei$ha or whatever that gals name is

Crazy kids is pretty good
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    the world disagrees but Jimmy Buffet makes my skin crawl with his faux-caribbean schtick.

i love listening to Buffet but i realize its not the best music. the music makes you think about all the great things in life.

its kind of like the smell of fuel and ocean water. in and of itself its not a good smell but when you smell it you know you are boating so i actually like the smell.

I love Jimmy Buffet. It's fun good-time music. I've seen him live. It's great.

Jimmy Buffet is reeeeeeeally good live. And I wasn't even a fan when I went.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I want to add Daughtry to the list. He shows up in my Pandora stations all the time and I keep having to knock him off. Drives me crazy!!

I thought I was alone!!

have you heard "Gone too soon" - pretty powerful lyrics and song
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I have not one good thing to say about any David Bowie song. I hate him.

WHAT?!?!?!?! This is blasphemy!

I just had to comment on your starbucks drinking baby... made me almost snort coffee out of my nose.

carry on
  • DDR470
    DDR470 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know this is considered blasphemy by some, but I really don't get what people think is so great about Rush, Bruce Springsteen, or Dave Matthews. I can't think of one song by any of them that I can actually say I like. There may be one or two that I can tolerate without my brain imploding, but none that I would bother to download and listen to voluntarily.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options

Now, Simply Red - hate with a blind passion! Not one of their songs are good!

For Your Babies redeems Mick Hucknall. Love that song.

What about Right Said Fred?
    Aqua?!
    IMO (and I will probably be hated for this) Rhianna has yet to do something I like.
  • bill_i_am
    bill_i_am Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So far, I like everything mentioned,

Ok, but what does that mean? You said legit. WHY do you like Nickelback? Which song? What happened in your life that led to that??

sorry, just the existence of that band makes me sad for humanity.

(& you put the burden of proof on yourself, you've got to find at least one good song. Consider yourself challenged!)

I think it's called "bullet". I freaking love that song. I don't know why everyone hates Nickelback. I think they're awesome.

I think the last sentence tells us ALL we need to know about the OP :) To each his own bro!
  • MireyGal76
    Options

Now, Simply Red - hate with a blind passion! Not one of their songs are good!

For Your Babies redeems Mick Hucknall. Love that song.

What about Right Said Fred?
    Aqua?!
    IMO (and I will probably be hated for this) Rhianna has yet to do something I like.

Love the way you lie - part 2.

It's the follow up to the original (yeah - duh) and it was incredible in my mind.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    John Mayer makes my skin crawl in the worst way. I hate his voice and I don't think his lyrics fit him at all.
  • oferb1
    Options
    I know this is considered blasphemy by some, but I really don't get what people think is so great about Rush, Bruce Springsteen, or Dave Matthews. I can't think of one song by any of them that I can actually say I like. There may be one or two that I can tolerate without my brain imploding, but none that I would bother to download and listen to voluntarily.

I despise dave mathews band, but even they have one decent song (crash into me I think its called), not a big fan of bruce, but he does have some good songs, and I totally disagree on rush
  • oferb1
    Options
    John Mayer makes my skin crawl in the worst way. I hate his voice and I don't think his lyrics fit him at all.

This is John Mayer redeeming factor http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0cc0bac3ce/chappelle-show-dancing-for-different-cultures
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Bob Dylans voice makes chalkboards cringe and shudder.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Rush!

I mean really... learn to bridge, dammit!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Music is awesome and generally pleasing to the ears. Rock, Metal, Pop, Rap, Symphonic, Movie Soundtracks, Instrumental, Dub Step. I love it all.

With the weird exception of the beattles. I struggle to understand what all the fuss is about.
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Lets be honest, Hanson has no redeemable songs. They were and still are a terrible band. Ugh, just saying it makes me cringe.