Setting Up Activity Level

Options
I've tried to set up my activity level to see how many calories I need but none of the options seem to truly fit me.

My basal is 1416, which I'm fine with sounds normal, but trying to figure out the activity level.

6 days a week i workout generally 2x a day about 30 minutes a piece. Generally a 30 minute treadmill (150-200 cal burn) and then the exercise bike (150-250 cal burn) I shoot for 300-400 calories a day. When I get done with both workouts I've worked up a decent sweat and am a bit winded.

Most of the sites I look at for TDEE ask:
Little or no exercise (ex: desk job)
Light exercise (ex: exercising 1-3 days/week)
Moderate exercise (ex: exercising 3-5 days/week)
Heavy exercise (ex: exercising 6-7 days/week)
Daily exercise (ex: exercising 7 days/week and working a physical job)

or another asks how often you work out and ups your calories by the amount of days you work out.

How can they judge it by being light moderate or heavy by the number of days I work out? It doesn't know how hard I work out.

So far I've just been doing a little over my basal and not eating back my work out calories, but would like to lose the weight in the best way possible (not starving myself), and I think I may have my goal too low but don't want to over eat either.

Suggestions?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Choose sedentary and add your exercise manually as you do it if you don't like any of the selections. You don't assess a workout by sweat or being winded. Some people rarely sweat, others sweat doing nothing and being winded means your fitness level isn't great.