I like how MFP sets your cal limit based on your goal loss..

Options
lessjess1
lessjess1 Posts: 71 Member
but how accurate is that? For those of you that have had success, did you lose at the rate MFP said you would? For example, I want to lose 2 lbs per week so my daily cal limit is: 1320. If I stick real close to that, what is the likelyhood that I will actually lose 2 lbs per week?

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Sometimes yes and sometimes no. As you get closer to an ideal body weight the loss may be slower. It is not unnatural for people to loose a lot in the beginning.

Welcome and good luck.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I haven't on a regular basis. I will see a big loss and then nothing. I think this is pretty normal for anybody.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I think it is fairly acurate, but everybodys body is different. Also at the beginning you generally loose more especially if you have alot to loose, as you get closer to your goal it usually slows down a bit,
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Sometimes more, sometimes less, sometimes on the dot ... it's not a matter of accuracy ... you can lose a pound of fat and still be the same weight (due to an increase in water or glycogen i.e. muscle weight --note I did not write muscle size or mass). It really depends on how your body responds to your dietary and exercise changes.

I think the more weight you have to lose, the more likely you'll lose at the rate MFP sets. And once you get closer to healthy and especially once at a healthy BMI, it gets slower no matter how big a deficit you set (without resorting to an unhealthy deficit).
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    If I take an average of my weight loss since I started, it's pretty much exactly 1 1/2 pounds a week, which is what I've always had mine set at. But I'll get 0.5 pounds one week and 2 1/2 the next. But in the long term, it actually does a good job of estimating what I'll lose. I imagine it might slow down once I'm closer to a healthy weight. I'm still 27 pounds overweight so there's lots to burn still... hehe
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!