Clicking in back of neck/spine/skull ... ?

Options
Whenever I run or do any kind of jumping movements (jumping jacks for example) I get a clicking in the back of my neck/top of my spine (or is it my skull? I don't know). It's something that's been there for as long as I can remember. It doesn't hurt at all it's just annoying and freaks me out (I will ask a Dr at my next appointment). I've googled and it seems I'm really not alone with this but so far I can't find an answer as to what it is and why it's happening - or most importantly a way to rectify it. Just wondering if anyone else on here experiences this and have they seen a Dr? if so what did your Dr say it was? Thanks in advance. :smile:

Replies

• TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I experience this clicking in one or the other of my ears, but it might be about the same thing you are describing. I wish I knew what it was, but all I can guess, in my case, is that it has to do with my inner ear and something in there making a noise when I do certain vigorous exercise activities.
  • hazellac
    hazellac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Well after a LOT of searching online I've heard various different reasons from sinuses being blocked, bad posture and dehydration - will definitely ask my doctor though, the not knowing is annoying.