Wedding plans

Options
lilmissy2
lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
So, it seems there are a few of us brides-to-be out there (maybe even some grooms?) and I would definitely be interested in hearing what bits and pieces you have planned!

My wedding is going to be 19th March 2011 in Newcastle, Australia. We had originally arranged a big church wedding and reception but then because many of my fiances friends couldn't make it (he's British) we decided to have a family only wedding in the church then a private dinner then 2 parties to celebrate, one in each country. Our photographer has agreed to rush our editing along so we can have our pics the week after the wedding for the first party.

We are thinking for the first party, maybe a lunch and a wine tour in my home town which is famous for it's wine. Then for the second, a Devonshire tea party in the boy's home town.

We are honeymooning in Fiji, LA and New York on our way back to London.... very much looking forward to that!!

We still have loads to do but we have booked some of the venues and the photographer, found bridesmaid dresses http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010313765_-1 and shoes (hmm I can't find the link anymore but they are fuschia pink to go with pink bouquets), found my shoes, booked our flights and bought supplies to make our invites.

What have other people done so far?

Replies

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    2012. We think we have found a venue and catering company so far. We already know the DJ that we want once we set the date at the venue. Thats about it.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Wow sounds like a fairy tale wedding to me! How fun!!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Congrats! We're getting married on October 30, almost 90 days to go! We're having a black and white color scheme and since it's Devil's night we're using white pumpkins with a B (my new last name) carved in them as our centerpieces. We're having a pretty big church wedding, we're getting married on the same day my parents did and same church, my mom passed away 6 years so it's a way to make me feel like she is still involved in my wedding. Afterward we'll have a dinner and dancing reception, then a day later we're going to Jamaica for a week! I cannot wait!

We have most of our stuff done, my first fitting is next month, and we have a shower this weekend from my family, and then next month my family that lives nearby, my friends and his family are throwing me another shower. I'm very excited for all the festivities to begin!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I got married in September last year, so it's almost my 1st anniversary. I am English and married a Canadian, we got married in the little church in the tiny village I grew up in and where my Mum is buried, it is 800 years old and very lovely. It was my second time and his first, my son gave me away and my daughters were my bridesmaids. Best man and both ushers flew over from Canada along with other family and friends, we were given permission by Lord Mottistone to go into the beautiful and historic manor gardens opposite the church for our photographs and we then went to the castle in the village we live in now, which is about 1000 years old and had some more pictures taken. We then went on to our reception, where we had bucks fizz on the lawn and then a sit down 3 course meal for 80 people followed by an evening party and buffet for 150+. If you would like to look at my pictures there are a couple on here or if you are on facebook, feel free to add me (karen Joy Cunningham) :-)
  • solvig
    solvig Posts: 25
    Options
    I got married last October and we planned our wedding in a month. We both didn't want anything too fancy, so we had a beautiful ceremony at a local winery that we had some connections to, then set up some tables and chairs next to the vineyard for an afternoon lunch with our closest friends and family. It was a great day and I wouldn't trade it for any fancy wedding that took months to plan.
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married next Friday!!! OMG!!! I'll just tell you what I HAVE LEFT to plan lol. Sort of a checklist if you will:
    - Find shoes for me (kind of important...)
    - Find a toss garter (I have the one to keep)
    - Finish figuring out our reception music
    - Finish making these: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51hpb+ba-mL._SS500_.jpg for the reception
    - Pray that my fiance's wedding band arrives in the mail in time... (also kinda important...)
    - Finish writing my vows
    - Make a DVD slideshow of pictures for the reception
    - Write out thank you's for all my bridal shower gifts

As for plans, major things include:
    - Venue: http://theeventcenteratchurchranch.com/see.html
    - Awesome photographer: http://www.adamwelch.net/
    - Food: Fajitas made by my friend's brother-in-law, margaritas will be our signature drink
    - Cake: http://www.slicecakestudio.com/ (one layer is margarita, one is snickerdoodle, one is mexican chocolate and the top is gluten free/dairy free for me because I have a ton of food allergies) :)
    - Honeymoon: Seattle, WA! Can't wait!

Good luck to the rest of you! I better get back to knocking things off my to-do list! ;-)
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    congrats to all bride to be's and those already married :D

I got married last september and my 1st anniversary is coming up soon (just as another poster's was!)

It was a lovely day, and i made sure to cherish every minute of it. Don't worry if you are hectic in the last week, it is supposed to be that way, and everything will come together eventually! I had tons of lists (which i kept as momentos) of things that need to be done (big general things), people to call, things to buy, things other people had to do, lol
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm getting married in 25 days!!! It's been so much fun planning and watching the date get closer. I can't wait!

- Reception is at the local military base
    - Ceremony is in a park, with white chairs, a white columnade and brown and pink chair sashes
    - We are doing a small cake for us and cupcakes for everyone else
    - Our photographer rocks! http://miketompkins.net/
    - We're honeymooning in PEI, Canada

We're doing a dance and singing a song at the reception. We hired a limo for the afternoon. My FI bought a beautiful Italian suit for the occasion instead of renting a tux. It's hot. And I found my dream dress - pics are on my profile.

Still to do:
    - pay everyone (ugh)
    - finalize music selection
    - write thank yous for shower gifts
    - attend 2nd shower and stagette
    - pick up dress
    - finish ceremony programs
    - make centrepieces
    - have FI's ring engraved

I can't wait! It's so exciting - congratulations ladies!
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Sounds just brill everyone :happy:

Sometimes I wish we had chosen to elope haha well, not so much with our new plans but definitely when we were trying to plan a whole reception on the other side of the world! Especially because working hours there are sleeping hours here :tongue:

Yay! So exciting.

:flowerforyou: