2 ?'s...daily calories and fruit

Options
I have 2 questions!

Ok so when you set this up, did you all set your calories goal to be what mfp suggested? I'm not sure if mine is to low or to high? It was 1900 when i started but 3 weeks in I was hardly hitting my goal. So i dropped it to 1600. Not sure if that is right though? I still don't always meet my goal at this point, and its even worse when I work out (which isn't every day, but 4 days a week)

2nd...
Is there such thing as to much fruit? Pretty much every day I make a frui t salad to eat around 4-530pm. It has in it an apple, cup of strawberries, half cup blueberries and 2 kiwi. I do this because i work for a dominos. 20 years ago when i started I wasn't this size. So I eat this bowl of fruit to help me from eating other stuff there. But is it to much? I was told by someone that it wasn't doing me any good. But the way I think is, why not? Its better then pizza and stuff like that. Constantly hungry at work. At least i think i am. I'm really probably not, its just there so I think oh I must be. And I don't know what else to eat!

Help please! :) thanks!!!

Replies

• Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Hey JShaw! I tried to look over your food diary, but it's set to private. :( Anyways, I think what you have to do is be very accurate on how active you are and set it to that and let it figure cals. Better to start high and work slowly down than to start really low and have no where to go later. So, if your activity level is right and you let it set the level, you should be good. You don't HAVE to eat back your exercise cals. I wouldn't leave them off, but maybe only eat back part of them if you are worried that the number they gave you isn't right. As far as the salad, I say as long as it fits in your cals, that is the BEST thing you could be eating! Fruits and veggies are a great way to get in good, healthy cals and stave off hunger. So is water! In the beginning, you may have to pee a lot, but your body will adjust. :) From looking at your numbers, you've lost 22lbs. since July so you're doing really well! Just keep going and don't let anyone who isn't out for your best interests get in the way. Good luck!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Log your calories...if you can spare the calories fruit is a good choice.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    If you want to learn some basics of nutrition and how this site works, how to figure your BMR and TDEE, then read this. It will answer most of your questions.

IPORM:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet
  • jshaw3030
    jshaw3030 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link!!! :)
  • jshaw3030
    jshaw3030 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your advice! !!!!!!! :)
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Whoever said you are eating too much fruit is nutty. Fruit is fabulous (if a bit expensive). If I eat that much in one go, I get a sour stomach, if you don't great!

you can customize your calories in the goals section. But as others stated, logging is super important both food and exercise, however if you are going to over eat because of fruit, thats better than over eating because of pizza! (At least you are getting some good vitamins and antioxidants!)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If your goal is 1900, by all means eat 1900! And there's room for a lot of fruit in that too.