Planter fascitis?

Options
Last week I was stupid and did 30 DS for 2 days without any shoes on. My right calf was aching and then the arch of my foot started to feel like it was really itchy. Now when I wear my running shoes it feels like the arch is too high and makes my foot ache in the arch area. When I take my shoes off it just feels like a constant itch in the arch of my foot, not really a pain.

I went running yesterday and it didn't hurt to do that except for some minor ache a couple times. My daughter tells me this is plantar fascitis but everything I read about it talks about heel pain or pain on walking. My heel feels fine.

Anyone had this type of pain/feeling?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like PF, which is painful. An itchy sensation can be caused by nerve irritation. The nerve linked to the inner half of your arch (the medial plantar nerve) could theoretically get irritated from a collapsed arch. Does your right arch look more like the picture on the left, when standing barefoot?

ioPCd.jpg
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It looks absolutely normal, just have this constant itch feeling and if I wear my good running shoes for long it starts to ache in the arch area. I'm sure I've managed to irritate something!
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    No, not PF. My wife suffers from this and on some days can barely but her foot to the floor. Not sure what to suggest I afradi!!
    0067808 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have plantar fasciitis and have never experienced an 'itch' - just severe pain - hope you get some relief from whatever it is!
  • janekocanpayne
    janekocanpayne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This doesn't sound like PF to me, particularly as you seem to be able to pinpoint the time that the problem suddenly started. PF is a thickening of the ligament in your foot which builds over time, so you would probably have noticed it developing. I've had bilateral plantar fasciitis (the condition in both feet) and had to have steroid injections to make it go away, and the only time I felt itching was after I'd had those. A giveaway with PF can often be if it's at its worst first thing in the morning.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Athletes Foot?
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    OMG i totally feel your pain, i thought i had plantar fascitis because my left foot was in huge pain but it went away after 2 weeks, i was miserable but it never came back. just wait some time and maybe it goes away
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Having had PF, I doubt you would be able to run if you did have it

I feels like your heal bone is cracked its that painful
  • Chellebear01
    Chellebear01 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have PF and that does not sound like it, however it could be a developing foot problem. Have you tried icing the area to see if that helps? I would rest your foot and see if that helps. If not check with a podiatrist.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound anything like PF. PF is all pain. You can barely walk, it's that bad. I got a night splint for it and that helped alot. I still have it but it's much more mild now.

I agree though that it could be nerve irritation. Obviously I'm not a doctor, so it's hard to say. Maybe you should follow-up with your doctor after giving it a couple days rest, if it still remains.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It seems to be gone for the most part this morning. I didn't do anything to aggravate it more and hopefully it will stay gone. It must have been some kind of a nerve irritation. Really strange feeling, like itchy but on the inside of the skin. It's really hard to explain!
  • wellsy29a
    Options
    I have PF and causes me most agony just after rest (i.e. Sleeping or sitting down for prolonged periods). It takes around 10 to 20 minutes for pain to reduce and for me to do relatively normal things including sport. Its horrible and its painful but the pain is much more bearable once I get moving.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    PF is in the heel not the arch. I think you just strained your arch and/or irritated a nerve. Ice!
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Ask a podiatrist?