Question about Cals

Options
Right now after putting in all meals for the day I have used 1264 and 662 remaining.....what happens if you just stay as close to 1200 cals as you can, even some times going over just a tiny but, and having 662 cals left over at the end of the day? I notice as long as I stay above 1200 it doesn't state that I am in starvation mode, but I know that this is just the way the system is set up. I I would just really like to see some results.....Thanks

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Then you run a calorie deficit :o)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I cannot see your diary so I am assuming that MFP is allowing you the additional calories as exercise calories. I use some of my exercise calories - not all. I want to learn to exercise and eat this way for LIFE and satisfy myself so I won't go off and get all fat again! I am losing - so it is working! Good luck!
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    .what happens if you just stay as close to 1200 cals as you can, even some times going over just a tiny but, and having 662 cals left over at the end of the day?

The computer screen self destructs.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Well my doctor has told me to say as close to 1000 calories as possible even after exercise, some days I do some I don't.
  • llyndon
    llyndon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    your body will adjust to the 1200 cal diet and only burn 1200. I've been successful by bouncing all over the place. 1200 one day, 1400 the next, 1900 another then back to 1200 for a day or two. I have been doing this since the beginning of March and I've lost over 30 lbs. I am losing it slowly,. some weeks I only lose a half pound, other weeks I lose more. I walk a lot a work and work out a bit in the mornings on my wii fit plus but not a lot. So thats what works for me. I did the 1200 cal thing a couple of years ago and lost quite a bit at first but then it all just stopped and I lost heart. Before I knew it I had gained it all back PLUS 10 lbs. So now I'm eating what I like, just decreasing the amounts and writing down everything I eat each day. My settings give me 1750 cals a day which is right for my age and weight. You'll have to try a few things to get to what suits you.. Good Luck!!!!!:happy:
  • ileitch
    ileitch Posts: 99
    Options
    3500 calories is a pound, so with your method you should lose an extra 1.3 pounds a week, I believe.
    Good luck.