Hello and Thanks, 104 lb so far(w/ before n current pics)

Options
kend61
kend61 Posts: 29 Member
Hi,

This is my first post but thought it was time I chimed in. Many of your posts have been ver beneficial to me and very helpful in resolving some questions/issues.

I realize this probably should go in the intro page but didnt want to post same thing twice.

Basics stats 41 yr old male in DFW Metroplex, Texas. Beginning of January 2013 weighed 393.4 lbs. as of today currently 289.2

I never thought I would reach losing 100 lbs but after changing and accepting my lifestyle change it was not as hard as It used to it to bein trying to lose weight. I am far from near my goal, still want to lose 70-80 more pounds.

Anyway MFP had been a godsend and literally a lifesaver. Since I am so much healthier now even at 289 lbs.

Well to all the MFP community I thank you for all your contributions. I tend to be the quiet/ lurker type and do toots even though I have been on here for 8 months. But I am willing to share anything with anyone. I believe my log is public. You will see I am no angel and do not have the perfect nutrition everyday but its working for me.

Ok things I have learned and had to accept.
1) vegetables have to be p,ay some kind of roll in your nutrition, I hated vegetables prior to January but a friend who guided me insisted I incorporate them. I believe this was a huge difference maker. Just challenge yourself to trying a new vegetable each week.
2) learn to have variety in your meals. I love chicken and tuna fish, but eating that over n over gets boring and I would slip up. Learn to cook different things.
3) you are not on a diet, it truly is a lifestyle change. I didnt accept that all my life, it was always dieting. Dieting to me is such a negative word and seems like a negative action. I gad to accept that in my life I just can't do the junk food like others, I had to accept the fact I had to be more sensible in my meals.
4) try to incorporate a protein, fruit and vegetable for lunch n dinner as a quick guideline.
5) I learned to stop eating bread and mayonnaise all the time. I thought having turkey sandwiches daily wasn't bad for me but turns out thanks to my friend and MFP i saw the hidden facts of what I was doing.
6) and the obvious one we all know is excessive. I started out very very slow and did nit even get to a gym until end of May I was so out of shape and embarassed of my size. But ultimately the gym is where I needed to be and belonged. Right now I workout 3 days cardio and 3 days strength training.

Again, I am nit perfect and am far from finished. However, I wanted to share since so many if you have shared with the community. Again feel free to contact me, I'm easy to talk to just on the quiet/shy side lol. Below are couple of pics of where I started and where I am. I won't share the shirtless ones so I don't cause any nightmares lol. Thank you to everyone who takes the tie to post.

[img][/img]9695980101_9b4cb0e722.jpg
Dec2013 by Mr_Muttley, on Flickr

[img][/img]9695980115_aae3ff325e.jpg
Sep2014 by Mr_Muttley, on Flickr

Replies

• tallgrl212
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight you've lost so far!! You're making amazing progress. Weightloss and trying to get healthy truly is an eye opening experience, and for a lot people its truly a baptism by fire. Thank you for sharing what you've learned. Your progress is very inspiring. Keep up the great work!! :happy: :drinker:
  • kend61
    kend61 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you. It's definitely been a journey but its one that needs to be taken. Again thanks for the props :happy:
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    wow, you look great!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look GREAT... CONGRATS
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    amazing! keep up the excellent work!
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Keep up the good work!
  • itscoezy
    Options
    Congratulations!! that is fantastic, you are looking great! :)
    Keep it up!
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Gettin' it done in The Lone Star State. I'm always happy to find others who also have come to realize that not everything needs to be bigger in Texas. Well done.
  • Amandakd84
    Amandakd84 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Best of luck on your continued journey :smile:
  • pinkncrazee
    pinkncrazee Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    FREAKIN' AWESOME!! :wink:
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    AMAZING TRANSFORMATION!! Keep up the good work. Thanks for allowing us to celebrate your success. You are a true inspiration.
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You look great! Like a different (and younger) person already! Keep up the good work!
  • Getfitemm
    Getfitemm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work :)
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    *fist bump* nice work!
  • MamaDuckN2MamaWow
    Options
    Congratulations on hurdling the biggest task, now you're on the downhill side - you know what you've got to do to get where you want to be! Keep up the good work!
  • Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Well done :)
  • m301
    m301 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations! That's truly amazing! :)
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    wow you have turned into a real handsome dude :) good work!!! amazing work!!
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    100 pounds in less than a year???? Amazing. And you look awesome. Congratulations!
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Over 100 pounds down is fantastic! You should be very proud for making & sticking to a healthy lifestyle change! Keep up the great work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!