Need zuchini recipes

Options
ChrissyM
ChrissyM Posts: 23
I have a ton of zuchini from my garden but am not sure what to do with it. I tried grilling it but I must have done something wrong because it didn't turn out very well. If anyone has some recipes or tips to share I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• 4myheartnsoul
    Options
    To grill cut it in to thick slices so it doesn't fall apart. I love to cut it into really thin strips and eat it like spaghetti. It can be eaten raw in black bean salad
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Check out my blog, www.debscooking.blogspot.com I will put some up for you. I won't have pics though as I don't have a card reader for my new computer...:grumble: I guess they will have to be forthcoming!

Hope you enjoy them.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I make my spagetti noodles with zucchini. take your zucchini and slice it long ways on one side, then long ways down the other side, let wait for about 30 mins in a colander...then add to boiling water for 1.5 mins to 2 mins and drain. It is sooo delicious. You can substitue them for lasagna noodles also. just cut them thin and long and lay them out like you would lasagna noodles.
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    take the zuccini an slice in 1/4 in thick slices, slice up some onion. in a pan sautee them together until just tender, then sprinkle with parmesean cheese and cover for 5 minutes or so until the parm melts. Delish!
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Zucchini-in-Sour-Cream-Sauce/Detail.aspx I made this one recently and the whole family LOVED it. It's made with light sour cream and is super tasty for something different!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with a little olive oil and Mrs. Dash Italian Medley seasoning then grill it for like 5-10 minutes. It's good without cooking it too.