LIVING with MS & new here!

Options
Hi everyone! As above mentioned, I am a 32 yo LIVING with multiple sclerosis. I joined this site looking for some inspiration and friendship. Would love to have some companions to help/give support with on a daily basis. My life has been somewhat crazy and unprompted. I am working on getting full control of my health and weight along with finding my passion for life again. I love to cook, write, garden, and research just about anything. I struggle with my energy levels as it's on of my toughest MS symptoms, yet I have learned to work with it instead against. I look forward to making some new friends and reading up on your progresses.

Replies

• tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll find a plethora of information! I will send you a friend request to help you along the way!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I dont have ms but I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome along with hypothyroid. So I also suffer with some of the same issues you do. The lack of energy is the worst. Sometimes I just cant stay awake and the pain or just doing simple things can really be a pain. Feel free to add me as a friend. You can never have too much encouragement
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! My father has MS and was diagnosed about 20 years ago so even though I don't have it, I live with the struggles of it daily. I think it is great that you are taking the steps to full control of your health. Good luck with everything, you have come to an awesome site!
  • slcobb001
    slcobb001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I joined myfitnesspal.com to lose 30 lbs and track my exercise to fight my Multiple Myeloma, Cancer of the plasma cells that fight infection. I have lost the 30lbs and I'm riding over 100 miles per week on my bicycle! My cancer numbers are down and I'm doing much better with my outlook on life and living with this cancer (there is no cure at this time!!).

Getting your weight under control and being strong will make a big difference. My oncologist said that healthy people live longer. He just wasn't taking about people W/O cancer or MS.. he was talking about ALL people. What I have come to realize is he was talking about being STRONG. Strong in body, mind and soul !!! He is right, The fight is just that, a fight, and you need to get in shape for that fight by being as strong as you can in "your" circumstance. You don't have to ride 100 miles per week. You don't have to run a marathon... but get moving.... the best you can, or swim, or whatever you think you would like to do. Then do it to the best of your ability and to the fullest that your MS allows!

Good luck and keep in touch!

Steven
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's just been a couple of days on here and already I have made some great connections.
  • Deeterz
    Deeterz Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi zenzoes!
    I am 27 and have been living with MS for a Long time (diagnosed at 15).l
    I'm trying to lose baby weight from my son that was born last year and having trouble as I can't do much physical exercise due to my legs stop working or I get too dizzy.
    Any suggestions would be such a blessing!!