Short girls (5'1 & UNDER) who are at or close to goal

Options
I am 4' 11" and no matter how much weight I lose, my stupid thighs are not getting any thinner! They are still 21" :( I didn't want to have to get any lower than 108lbs, but now I am changing my goal weight to 100lbs, but I still don't think that is going to change how thick my thighs are.

Curious as to how low in weight you ladies had to get to see thinner thighs. Would you mind sharing size of thighs? I had thinner thighs when I was younger and 100lbs, but I really think having a child years ago seriously changed the shape of my body. I was hoping I could drop them to 19", but I just don't see how that is possibly without getting underweight, which I do not want. However, I am sick of having thighs that rub together even with all the weight I have lost :( Being short with thicker thighs makes me look like I am still heavy.

Replies

• holderh1
    holderh1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Are you working out? I am 5"1 ...I think my thighs are too big as well...I am not sure of the measurments but I know I have been losing inches by doing lots of different workouts. I think if you are not working out you need to start. I do a variety of workouts such as zumba, running, hiking, yoga, weights, toning exercises and I think that is what is making a big difference for me. I dont think losing pounds without working out to maintain muscle is going to give you the look you are wanting. If you are working out try a few different things. Best of luck!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Yes, I work out 6 days a week. T25, treadmill, Sworkit, Insanity, weights, karate, a mix of several things.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    It might be permanent having had a child. I'm barely 5'2 and 102 pounds but I've always had slim legs. Thighs about 17/18 inches.
    Just genetic.
  • needtoloseafewpounds
    Options
    You can always gain muscle and lose fat. This is attainable through strength training and eating sufficient calories to build muscle. Eventually you will lose the fat in your thighs :)
  • nihaotina
    Options
    I feel the same way!
    I had a child in 2010. And my thighs were never really "thin".

4'10- I woke up this morning 107lbs and my thighs were 17.25inches this morning.
    And they still don't look "thin".

I truly believe being short is the main reason.
    I think shorter girls' thighs will appear not as thin as others because we don't have much thigh/leg to work with lol.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    more strength resistant days then cardio days... hit those weights and add that weight to see your thighs tone up.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    What Greenrun said. I am 5'1" and weigh 100 lbs. I have 21 inch thighs--they are muscular but I actually have thigh gap due to squats from lifting heavy.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    This thread is what Ive been waiting for!

Im 4ft 8 and even at my skinniest ( 89lbs ) I had seriously wobbly thighs and fat completely covering my knee caps. I had muscles everywhere else and bony ribs and hips...but fat thighs!

To combat this I went to the gym 3 days a week and went on my stepper for an hour a night. Didnt help. I couldnt even wear skinny jeans and I was 6.4 stone and fitting into age 11-12 girls jeans! But not an adult size 8 skinny jeans! lol

I think its because we're short. And in MY case, because my legs were in full casts from age 3-9, which surely has done something to my development that cant be helped.

Im currently 97lbs. Legs are again my biggest issue.
  • verbenaverbena
    Options
    OP you read my mind. I had thinner legs when I was at about 96-98 lbs (as a teen) but so far I haven't been able to get back to under 100 lbs. I'm 5' 1.75" and hovering at 102-103, pear shaped with thick calves and thighs. I've resolved to stick with strength training and measure percent body fat once a month with the hope that it may slowly shave millimeters off my thighs.