IIFYM - Macro Calculations

Options
I'm interested in really getting into IIFYM (I get that by tracking on MFP, I'm sort of inadvertently doing this anyway), but I'm wondering if those of you who practice IIFYM use the preset MFP macros, or if you use the macro calcs on the IIFYM site... Or maybe something else? I know everyone has different goals, different exercise levels, etc., but I'm just curious about where your macro calcs are coming from. Thanks!

Replies

• jessicahill530
    jessicahill530 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just found out what IIFYM meant yesterday and I am doing it. I don't refuse certain types of food or skip dessert or snacks, as long as I am in my daily MFP calorie goal then I consider it a good day. I think once you start limiting too much what you can or can't eat, certain foods become forbidden and you seem to want to eat them more, at least that is my experience.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    There are many sources to try and figure this out. The sort of "default" is 40/30/30. Carbs/protein/fats. Then adjust from there based on performance, results, & satiety.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Try this
    It covers macro calculations as well as how to manually over-ride the MFP settings:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets