Cravings!!!!

Options
I figured the first day of the diet would be hard. It is now Day 3 and the sugar cravings are intense. I feel like a drug addict! Any hints on how to stop obsessing? I am actually hallucinating the smell and taste of the foods.

HELP!!!

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Quick - eat something sweet but it must be good for you too! Peaches are in season and I had one that was YUMMY! Sometimes night cravings need something comforting. I drink a cup of Good Earth Decaf Original tea in Sweet & Spicy. It is like liquid gingersnap cookes and kills all my cravings! Good luck!
  • Chrisnatesmom
    Options
    I am on my 3rd day as well....and a sweet tea addict. Today was rough; had a horrible headache. But, I was able to satisfy some of the sweet cravings with a sweet potato with dinner. Good luck!! I'm right there with ya
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Fruit is a great choice! Chewing gum (sweet mint from orbit!) or diet soda (it has spenda instead of sugar) work in a pinch as well but fruit is by far the healthier option.

GOOD LUCK, you'll get through it! Just think of the new you that will emerge after you kick these cravings for good!!! :flowerforyou:
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am such a sweet person too! I find those 100 calorie packs are good for me just to give me a little something sweet (they have all different kinds from choc covered pretzels, cookies to the little bite sized twinkie bites). I know some of them are probably not great to eat but sometimes I just need to do it. I usually have one in the afternoon or after dinner. Fruit just doesn't do it for me sometimes.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    when I want something sweet I usually eat Carmel corn rice cakes or granola bars, a life saver., also kettle corn is a fairly good choice . Hope this helps
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I eat those weight watchers frozen yogurt or fudge bars. Really good and around 100 calories.
  • snyder2teach
    Options
    Thanks for all of the good ideas! Some of them really helped me get through the day today. I'm hoping this keeps getting better :-) The support on here is amazing and helps me stay focused. You guys are awesome!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    For the time around TOM when it becomes a threat to others if I don't have chocolate I keep a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips in the freezer. I allow myself a maximum of 10 chips to slowly savor as they melt. Sometimes it only takes 5 chips. Since this is a lifestyle change and not a diet, I know the craving will happen, and must adjust my life to work it in. Denial just makes you frustrated and angry and more likely to over indulge.
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    sweet craving ideas:

1) junior sugar-free popsicles: 20 calories each
    2) blue bell ice cream cups: 110 calories each
    3) mini ice cream sandwiches (blue bell): 110 calories each
    4) skinny cow ice cream sandwich: 140 calories each
    5) yoplait fat free yogurt: 110 calories each (you must try boston cream pie!!!)
    6) fruit smoothie with fruit (frozen works well), ice, skim milk: # calories depend on fruit used
    7) 4 hershey kisses: 88 calories
    8) pepperidge farm milano cookie: 60 calories each
    9) pepperidge farm chessmen cookie: 40 calories each
    10) pepperidge farm brussels cookie: 50 calories each

All of these are delicious!!! :)
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I'm getting past my sweet cravings, but sometimes I do like a little something, so I will take a chocolate bar, snap off one piece and give the rest to my fit healthy growing like a bad weed 14 year old daughter, I know I'll NEVER see a second piece :bigsmile:

We have a really good creamy diet vanilla ice cream here that comes in small cups, only 80 calories, but the problem is my wife and daughter (both skinny) now think it tastes better than the regular stuff! :noway:
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I'd just say persevere with not having anything sugary.It'll be hell at first, but once you kick the sugar addiction you wont miss it :)