Water?

Options
I really didn't drink a lot of water today. I know this will sound silly, but I'm hoping someone has an answer for me. If I drink 60 ounces of water between now 7:00 and 10:00, will it do what it's supposed to and hydrate me and flush out toxins, or will it just give me a belly ache and have me in the bathroom all night?
Any experience with just forgetting your water?

Replies

• laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    I have downed water before like that. Just sip it over the next 3 hours and pee right before you go to bed. Night time it usually the time I drink the most because I am bored and dont want to eat. So it will still hydrate you, you might lose a little but just be sure to sip it.
  • Gorgeous1
    Gorgeous1 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I agree. Sip. And don't worry if you don't get the whole 60. That's lot of water! I'd probably be in the bathroom all night. (they need to put a warning on dr. S' P&I: increased toilet paper expenditure may be necessary).

One trick I use is to make soup at lunch a really big pot of it with my 3.5 oz of meat and a ton of a veggie - but also with 8-16 oz water/broth.
    It's a stealth way to get some liquid in you, fill you up and (if you're like me)
    make that one pot turn into two or three helpings I can keep feeding on throughout the afternoon into evening.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    It will hydrate....however it may give you a tummy ache and make you feel really bloated....Also you will be going to the bathroom quite alot before bed and may have to get up in the night to go to the bathroom as well.
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I would just sip at it if you're thirsty.
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Someone posted that your kidneys can only filter 1liter (about 33oz) an hour. So I would spread out the water to give your body time to filter out what it needs to.
  • shipleyak
    shipleyak Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did a diet once that had you drink 4 cups in 30 minutes twice a day. It helps flush your system and keep you hydrated but for next hour you will be running to the restroom and yes it will make you feel bloated at first. Im not a big water fan and a doctor told me once to drink extremely watered down tea if I cant do water. However, over the years I have grown to like water alot. It is easy to get your 8 cups once your body is used to it :)