No bashing or negativity....ten days late w/ period...

2»

Replies

• PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    I think that since you are 10 days late and still getting negatives, you are likely not pregnant. It is not uncommon to be irregular sometimes, don't sweat it.

I agree with this, more than likely you would've gotten a + by now if you were, especially if your cycles were regular.

While most likely you are not preggo with that many negatives, there is still a chance. Our 5th child was also a "surprise" and I did the same. Three preggo tests within a week to week and a half past my missed period. All negative. I concluded I was just skipping as I had recently started trying to lose weight and was doing P90X. About 2 weeks later, I fell asleep during the P90X yoga workout. I knew then that something was up. Next day took another test and lo and behold, little miracle! So until you get a definite yes or no, eat healthy, abstain from drinking, take a prenatal vitamin and get your rest. So much of a baby's physical and mental development happens in those first few weeks, you don't want to take any chances.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    You said that your period is ten days late, but what does that even mean. We would need to know how long it has been since your last period. So, if your period is usually 28 days long and regular to that every month, then that would mean you are on day 38 of your cycle. That is completely within the range of normal for you to have had a missed ovulation. It is completely normal for you to have a late ovulation once in your life with no obvious reason. The stress would have happened at the time of ovulation, so that would have been 24 days ago (assuming you have done the calculations correctly and you are always that regular). Did you experience any kind of stress or change 24 days ago? But, more than likely your cycle is more like every 26 to 32 days, in which case you may not be as late as you think you are. You have already taken a lot of pregnancy tests in this 10 day time frame. And it's also rare to be negative when it is this late (although it can happen, often due to miscalculations). But, yeah, my pregnancy tests all came up positive extremely early because I used to ovulate early (I had short cycles), and I know when I ovulate, so I was able to take the test when I was only something like 14 days into my cycle (most people haven't even ovulated yet at that point). That is 14 days before most people, and doctors expect a period. So the doctor was shocked that I knew that I was pregnant that early. Most male doctors do not even know as much about periods and ovulation as there is information available. And most doctors wouldn't be able to tell you anything at 10 days late. Although they could test your hormones. But, they aren't going to send you for ultrasound this early on a missed period. I do agree with others about going to planned parenthood or a clinic (but they are probably just going to have you pee on a stick that you could buy at the store).

I learned a lot about this studying biology in college, but there is a really good book if anyone wants to understand their cycles better. It's called: Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. If you read that book you can learn how to know and track when you ovulate and then you will be able to predict your next period, and you will understand what actually delays periods and why it happens (it happens at ovulation, that is why most people think it is a mystery when they have a late period because the trigger happened weeks earlier).
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Congratulations. :flowerforyou:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    couple of things...

stress and a change in diet and exercise regime can affect your ovulation and menustration.

secondly, a missed period is nothing to worry about if the tests are coming back negative

thirdly (and I learned this from a TTC couple who were paying through the nose for tests etc) you CAN buy pregnancy tests at the dollar store. They are about a 1.50

Good luck.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Just wondering if you had any news either way??