Can't do this anymore!

Options
2»

Replies

• jt032093
    Options
    Woke up on a Sunday, and all I wanted to do was go for a LONG walk with my dog, but then in the back ground I heard the two loves of life, my son and my husband, "What's for breakfast". I said without a doubt in my mind, "Open the frig, I'll be back in an hour". They can survive. If you don't stand up for yourself, and what you need, no one else will. Guilt, as bad as it is, is sometimes just part of life. Take care of yourself first.....everything else will fall into place.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    you can do this! You are not being selfish! You are doing this for the right reasons. If I can give advice is have fun with this! Losing weight wont happen over night, you will fall but always get back up. Find some sort of exercise you can stick with. Good luck!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I can so relate. I don't have children at home but I told my husband I am not cooking all summer when I first started losing weight and I didn't!. It was time to take care of me. That give me a running start and he took care of himself and boy did I feel selfish but I had to. Now I have lost about 50 lbs, he lost 40 and I cook now but in the beginning it was all about me. I am so glad I did that an hubby did not mind. We do it to ourselves. These size 10 clothes feel good compared to size 16!
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Im 43 started in Jan at 219 and now low of 184. You can do it too.
  • sharidave
    Options
    If they don't want to eat what you eat you have to take care of yourself. My husband won't eat fish or a lot of veggies. He is a meat & potatoes guy and pizza!! I want to loose weight he says he hasn't gained & he is fine so I focus more on me now even more so. My mom had triple by pas over this past winter & has lost 52 lbs!! She does my fitnespal. My dad now it's the same meals as her. She always cooked well & does now but it's only 9-10 of fat a day!! Her food is tasty too!!!