Goal Weight

Options
la4et
la4et Posts: 134 Member
How did you determine your goal weight? Was it by the number, the wardrobe, or when your body stopped losing? What worked for you? I have lost 77 pounds and my weight has been the same for about 3 months now. I haven;t been doing things differently, just not losing. Is this where I am meant to stay?

Replies

• zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    i'm basing my by where i used to be 3 years ago, minus a bit more ( because even then, i still needed to tighten up a bit).
    You can look at yourself and see if it's where you wish to be and if you are within a healthy BMI.
    To lose more, you may need to change things up. Maybe try doing longer work out, less times a week. Just something different. I think our bodies get used to the same routine over time.

On the bright side, at least you havn't been gaining :)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is about where I got to 5 years ago. I felt slim and strong! It's about 10 pounds over I was in HS.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've never fallen into the "healthy BMI" category in my entire life. So that's my starting point, BMI = 25.0 and that is 141 pounds for my height. Once I'm there, if I have the capacity to lose more after that and I feel like I want to lose more to get rid of any lingering trouble areas, I'll go lower. I think 130 would be my limit thought. I want to be more toned, so I'd rather be a bit heavier with muscle than stick skinny.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Kinda just picked it, but it was around where I was when I graduated HS and when I started seemed unabtainable, still not sure 100% if I want to try to go lower
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    My Dr wanted me to aim for 180 (overweight) as a first goal, and that was I was still 225. I ended up topping out at 300lbs and worked steadily and lost the first 100lbs fairly easily. I reset my goals to put me just inside a healthy BMI, (150) but I am mostly basing it on how I feel as I go. If I feel and look great at 160 then so be it. I think you just have to be open to adjusting it as you go based on your experiences. :flowerforyou:
  • angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just picked a #... discussed it with my boyfriend and he said that was too skinny lol... I don't care about BMI or what I'm "supposed to be" for my height... it's about, what is going to make me happy.

I chose a higher # to please my BF... but if I'm not happy when I get there, I'll just keep going... this is about what makes YOU happy... so if you like where you're at, stay there.. if not, start working on it again, if you're stuck... change something in your routine, to get the lbs shedding again. :flowerforyou:
  • Sinda
    Sinda Posts: 13
    Options
    i found an ideal weight calculator.

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Mine is based on size. When 10s fit me great, I'm happy. I'm there now so now my goal is nice bikini pics. More about size than weight for me. A lot of people would never guess my weight.