Question for clean eaters

Options
I'm curious to see how long you clean eaters spend prepping food on a daily basis, and whether you feel you've had to sacrifice anything in the name of eating clean (besides the food you consider unclean)?

I did the whole 'clean' eating thing for a while, and just found that I spent far too much time preparing food. It ultimately just wasn't sustainable for me personally.

I'm hoping this can remain a judgement free zone from both sides. This is genuine interest.

Replies

• gale1089
    Options
    I actually don't have to spend too much time prepping food, and still manage to eat clean all week (and cheat a little on the weekends). I have my meals down to a science and now I'm working on mixing them up a little.

Sunday is when I prep what little I need, which basically consists of grilling up a package of Natural raw chicken. Then I'll measure out 3 oz. and ziplock bag them. Breakfast is either an egg white omelet and greek yogurt and fruit or Greek yogurt and Natural Oats. No prepping for that. Sometimes I'll pre-measure my yogurt so I can take it to work. I also weigh out some almonds, fruits and frozen vegetables for the day that morning, just to make sure I don't overeat and can properly log my calories. Then for lunch I have everything ready to make at work. And dinner I can prep once I'm ready to eat. Usually frozen chicken or fish and veggies as well.

It's really a routine now that I've done it so much. It's not a hassle at all unless I wake up late or something. Once you get into the swing of things and figure out what best fits your schedule, It's all pretty easy. I might cook up a batch of brown rice tonight and measure it out for the week since I'm trying to fit in some new foods.
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think I eat mostly 'clean' (my version of it anyway) but within IIFYM (I still have some 'junk'). It takes me very, very little time to prepare my food. I actually think it takes me much less time to eat this way compared to how I ate previously. Most of my veggies are raw and it only takes a few seconds of chopping. I have been eating this way for over a year. My diary is public if you are curious.