best way to loose belly flab

Options
Ok I know I have posted this before...my weight is where I like it but I still have flab at my belly....I know everyone says crunches etc dont burn belly flab you need to lift...I dont lift heavy but I do life and I do cardio everyday ( I know alot of people say dont ) I run 5 miles everyday or bike 25 miles on my off days...I eat pretty much the same thing everyday...I do eat ice cream once a week, sometimes twice, but I eat lots of veggies..

I dont eat a ton of protein and I probably dont drink as much water as I should...so really there is no way to target the belly flab?

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    So...you know what people are already saying, and yet you're asking again? Are you hoping that everyone will change their minds and suddenly give you an answer you like?

:noway:

1. Calorie deficit
    2. Lift. Lift HEAVY.
    3. Only do cardio if you want to. It won't really help belly flab one way or the other.
    4. Cruches will do nothing
    5. You can't spot reduce. Ever,
  • midwestmixtape
    midwestmixtape Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ^ What she said. It is still fat. Lower your overall body fat %. It can be annoying - everyone's body is a bit different as to where that last bit of fat will hide. I'm like you dude, mine hides in my belly, and my legs and arms and back can look hella in shape but that fat remains. Just gotta lose that fat just like she said above!
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    how much sugar are you consuming?
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Actually in my opinion and experience Heavy Lifting won't help your belly fat. I mean I love to lift and it's great to build muscle but as my friend who is a Masters Bodybuilder (won the over 50 Silicon Valley 2 years ago) keeps telling me...Abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym (this is a very common bodybuilding phrase).

So if your like me (over 50) then you really really have to tighten up your diet and shed the fat. Cardio won't do it, 5000 ab crunches won't do it. Eating extremely clean and with a defiicit is the only way your get your abs to show (or go for allot of lipo suction).

To be clear..I do a ton of Cardio becuase it's great for my heart and I'm working out with a Pilates instructor 2x a week becuase its fantastic for my core and my bad back feels great AND I lift 2 to 3x a week at the gym! But to get my abs to show it's diet, diet, diet.

All the best and good luck!
  • cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    not much...look at my diary,,,,again I pretty much eat the same everyday except only eat ice cream one day a week, two at most
  • cvcman
    Options
    sure :) well if you look at my diary you will see im in deficit everyday....sometime 1000 under ! I have Googled this and see answers all over the board...cardio burns more than weights, weights burns more than cardio,,,,,
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Swimming seems to do the trick for me. :-)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce. So doing a bunch of crunches and cardio will not, in and of themselves, reduce the fat over your midsection. To do that, you have to eat a calorie deficit and continue losing fat across your entire body.

I do recommend continuing to do your cardio and also adding in some form of resistance training to help recomp your body as you continue losing fat mass.
  • cvcman
    Options
    Again I am in deficit everyday sometimes over 1000 cals IF you go by this site...and factor in my exercise...not thinking I want to loose any more pounds per say just the flab