I have been eating bad foods and have actually lost weight?

Options
Here's the deal, for the past week I have been eating very fattening foods. (Chips, steak, and that kind of good stuff.) I haven't gained weight though, I expected to gain maybe 2 pounds but I lost 1 pound instead. This might not be a big deal but I thought it was because I gain weight VERY easily, it's almost ridiculous how easily I gain. So, is this bad?
To be honest, before this I only ate 800-100 calories a day but that was due to a relapse of depression. I don't eat that little anymore! 1200 is the minimum I eat a day and I get my exercise from marching band. I was eating 800 calories and then this past week I ate bad, yummy foods. I was just wondering if it was ok that this happened. I didn't go overboard or anything but I ate a lot worse than I have been. (btw, I didn't know which forum to put this in so yeah...) :smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    t can take up to two weeks for that bad food to show up on the scale so you may not be home free yet.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Happens to me sometimes. But I will gain if I dont get back to my good eating pretty quick. I actually think it helps my weightloss to have one or two cheat days within a 2-3 week period.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I actually have that exact question! I've been eating healthy during the week, but the weekends kill me. It's my birth month so I've been dealing with other stuff and extra parties.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
  • ashbee03
    ashbee03 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You can still lose weight. As long as you're not eating too many calories.
    If you're still in a calorie deficit you will still lose weight no matter what you eat. Just wont be healthy.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    When your weight loss stalls, people often suggest increasing your caloric intake a little and that seems to help most people. That seems to be what's happening to you. As long as you're eating enough calories for your body to function normally but fewer than it needs to maintain it's current weight, you'll lose weight. But you should be mindful of your protein, carbohydrate and fat intake as well as your vitamins and minerals for adequate nutrition
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I had a whole thing is chili colorado and tortillas and lost a pound the next day. That was three months ago and I'm still waiting to gain the wait from it! I've also developed these horrible ab and arm muscles. And I went to the doctor and all my tests were normal and healthy. Someone help me!

The point is OP, a week of bad eating will not kill you. You got lucky and lost a pound. Great! Just keep on the path you were before. I agree with Sandytoes though. I've found a day of "bad eating" every now and then mixes things up and I continue my weight loss. People get so caught up in eating the exact same thing everyday and forget to mix it up.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    t can take up to two weeks for that bad food to show up on the scale so you may not be home free yet.

Nonsense. There are no "bad" foods. Especially not steak and potato
  • bigred503
    Options
    I eat like that every day for the most part, i also eat very healthy foods every day as well (green smoothies, pumpkin seeds, etc) I have lost weight and inches. i weight lift and am in the best shape of my life.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

lolno
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    According to your diary, you're still under your calorie goal all last week. So, you probably won't gain weight. As far as gain/loss, it doesn't matter what kind of food it comes from, it only matters whether you're in a deficit or not.

However, for overall health you want to eat mostly "good" foods …. fruits and veggies, lean meat, fish, nuts, dairy, whole grains, etc. You'll get more of your micronutrients that way, and the foods will help fill you up better.

You also don't want to go too low on your calories. Marching band can take a lot of work, depending on your instrument. I'm not going to say starvation mode, but you do risk burning out and binging (like you've seen this weekend). I would suggest you net 1200 a day at least :wink:

Edit: I reread original post, I see the 800 was a fluke, not your normal, and you do generally net 1200 a day, so you can ignore the last paragraph. Sorry :blushing: