Howdy!

Options
Hello, everyone! They say brevity is the soul of wit, so I'll pretend I am witty and try and keep this brief.

My name is Allan. I am a 38-year-old husband and father (2 boys; ages 10 and 8). I am originally from Alabama, but have since lived in Texas, Tennessee, and now in Nebraska.

I was always a very active guy in my youth (involved in sports, cycling, weightlifting, etc.)--up until I lost my kidneys at age 16. Since then, and 2 kidney transplants later, I have gained weight and lived a more sedentary lifestyle than I have ever been used to.

I am now trying to get back in shape. I'd like to lose about 30 pounds--we'll see. I have been making trips to my local YMCA and riding their "Expresso" bikes (they're fun!). I have tried to tame the elliptical, but it was un-tameable and sent me away humbled (I demand a rematch).

Anyways, so goes my attempt at brevity. :glasses:

Replies

• Christie1Pearl
    Options
    Welcome! I am sure you are going to do great! Physical challenges can sure put a damper on things but surely not a complete stop! Had my own physical challenges to sail through too. Congrats your on your way! Cheers too you!
  • hairytoeknuckles
    Options
    Hi! Thank you for the encouragement. I miss being active, so I am looking forward to getting back to it. Thanks again! :)