Looking for Vegans and Raw Foodies to buddy up with :-)

Options
SLV9
SLV9 Posts: 15 Member
I'm not new here but I definitely feel like working on more of a support system since I have been increasing the amount I user MFP.

Any vegans and raw foodies want to add me please go ahead. I've been vegan for one year and trying to go full raw by the new year. I love juicing and would love some recipes. And I am a hot yoga buff :-) ... I swear I'm not a stinky hippie, lol!

Replies

• PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm neither but I just find the combination kind of humorous because at the local vegan restaurant, raw food is the furthest thing from what they serve. Most of their dishes feature tofu, seitan or tempeh highly processed to try to duplicate meat. My wife (who is vegetarian, not vegan) wanted a simple veggie stir fry and they had nothing like that on their menu.

Yeah, I know, that's just one restaurant, but my experience is that the two (fresh, vegan) are not especially similar. I wish there was a local restaurant that did vegan and fresh together. We found some in Austin, but that's too far to drive from Fort Worth for dinner.

Anyway, good luck with finding kindred souls.