fitbit flex

Options
Hi fitness gurus,

Apologises if this is the wrong place - but I've just brought a fitbit flex. I do most of my work outs at the gym on the ellipitical and the walker - is there anything special I need to do to log those work outs or will the fitbit calculate it all for me

Thanks in advance
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• dtyungu_slim
    dtyungu_slim Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I will be purchasing my fitbit flex today. I would love it if you could let me know what you have found out about logging your fitness activities
  • ivyx3
    ivyx3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    congrats on being a new fitbit owner :) you can add me if you'd like to make a friend ivysanders09@gmail.com
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    i recently got mine also. Some people on the fitbit forums will say to just let the FitBit do all the work. Others say to go ahead and log your workouts that are not actually walking, jogging, or any other exercise that FitBit recognizes into MFP and then MFP will communicate with the FitBit app and adjust your calories accordingly.

For instance, I go to aerobics class twice a week and many of the movements we do there are not recognized by FitBit, so I go ahead and log that into MFP and it sends the info to FitBit. The one thing you want to make sure you do is log the correct start time and duration of your workout into MFP so that the FitBit can properly adjust for that time period.

Another tip for the FitBit, it took me a week and a half to figure this out so I hope it helps... FitBit does not automatically figure in a calorie deficit, so if you want it to tell you the correct calories to eat every day, you will need to go in and set up a food plan and it will let you choose between a -1000, -750, or -500 calorie deficit. Otherwise if you follow what Fitbit tells you to eat then you will be eating at maintenance. I found this out the hard way. Also, make sure you log all of your food and "other" exercises in MFP, it will send all this information to the FitBit.

Good luck!! Hope these tips help you on your way!!!