The tummy pouch...my curse :(

Options
Hey all...
Kind of a weird query..but i just feel like i have been cursed with a horrible body type.
I have NEVER even at my skinniest had a flat stomach. I have a bad "pooch" right above my private area,my lower stomach goes out farther then the rest of my tummy. :(

I have lost 24 pounds so far, and I look at pics of girls who weigh substantially more then me and it seems like they all have flat stomachs,i get so envious and depressed. I am very short (5'1) so i still have about 35 pounds I want to lose, but I feel like even if i get to my goal weight i will still have it....any advice for the tummy pouch?crunches?

anyone feel my pain??? I am only 24 and it looks like ive had 4 kids!! I even have stretch marks around my belly button!! :( why meeeee????

Replies

• BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    Strengthen Training. More muscle burns more body fat! Including stubborn belly fat. You can have flat abs and even a 6 pack with the right workouts and DIET!!!! I'm not talking about a specific "diet" but a healthy food intake 24/7 pretty much.
  • filipa2010
    Options
    Don't feel bad .. a lot of women have it! I do too (although I've have two c-sections) ... I think that helped!
    I'd love to know how to get rid of it toooooo ... I'm doing an abs intense workout ... I'll let you know how it goes!

Fil
  • DevonLigotti
    DevonLigotti Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Strengthen Training. More muscle burns more body fat! Including stubborn belly fat. You can have flat abs and even a 6 pack with the right workouts and DIET!!!! I'm not talking about a specific "diet" but a healthy food intake 24/7 pretty much.

I think my diet is actually my strong point, I'm a vegetarian,i dont drink any pop,no fried foods,i LOVE raw veggies,etc....i just hate exercise,that's why i love "just Dance" it doesn't feel like exercise to me,so im hoping it will keep me motivated :)! The problem is im sure dancing around wont do my tummy much good....

Strength training huh?...I will have to bite the bullet and start doing some crunches and sit-ups,etc. :(!!!
  • filipa2010
    Options
    I'm also doing the Turbo Jam workout ... If you like dancing .. u'd probably enjoy that ... and there's lots of crunches without using the floor! Bonus!
  • DevonLigotti
    Options
    I'm also doing the Turbo Jam workout ... If you like dancing .. u'd probably enjoy that ... and there's lots of crunches without using the floor! Bonus!

Ive been really interested in turbo jam...i tried Power 90 and it cant hold my interest :(! I will now definitely try it,i know they have it on amazon for pretty cheap! :D
  • monkeyfood
    monkeyfood Posts: 106
    Options
    Have you heard of Jullinan Michaels 30 Day Shred? it is about $10 at most stores. I'm on day 7 and have noticed a smaller mid section already (I've lost 1.5 inches) that is my hardest weight to lose too!!!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options

I think my diet is actually my strong point, I'm a vegetarian,i dont drink any pop,no fried foods,i LOVE raw veggies,etc....i just hate exercise,that's why i love "just Dance" it doesn't feel like exercise to me,so im hoping it will keep me motivated :)! The problem is im sure dancing around wont do my tummy much good....

Strength training huh?...I will have to bite the bullet and start doing some crunches and sit-ups,etc. :(!!!

Your cardio is going to burn the fat, the strength training as mentioned will firm the muscles underneath, but as long as you have belly fat there, all the strength training in the world isn't going to help..sorry! gotta burn the fat, and the best and fastest way to do it is with cardio, definitely add strength training in, it's a necessity! I've been there, done that...six kids later I figured out how it all comes together..cardio to burn it, and the strength training to make it all come together!:happy:
  • DevonLigotti
    Options
    Have you heard of Jullinan Michaels 30 Day Shred? it is about $10 at most stores. I'm on day 7 and have noticed a smaller mid section already (I've lost 1.5 inches) that is my hardest weight to lose too!!!
    I actually own it,and im very NOT proud to say i cant even make it through the workout!
    i get exhausted,im not in very good shape yet :( Ill have to throw it in the player and try again....maybe i can do it this time with a good belly-burning incentive!! :D
  • imagymrat
    Options
    Turbo Jam is great. THen there is Turbo Fire which I am doing right now and there is no way this belly fat will survive! With this you burn 9 x more body fat than regular cardio and it also introduces you to ChaLean Extreme which is an excellent! stregthen training program. Turbo Jam is a good starting place but you want to get hooked because you don't like exercise, then go for the FIRE!!! It just came out. Best bet is to get it from your beachbody coach and if you don't have one, I would be glad to assist you. Just beware of programs you don't get directly from Beachbody or a coach because you might not get what you buy/pay for.

Why do you need to push your business on a public forum like that? so not cool. Hope you'll pay Mike some kind of cash if you end up making some money off his site.
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If you like to dance TurboJam will get your going and the music is awesome, I find myself singing the song all day. You need cardio to get rid of the outer layer of fat and you need to tighten and strength the core to flatten the muscles out so they don't bugle. I had twins so I've been through the weird belly bugle.

All the crunches and sit ups will not do it. You have to learn to contract the muscle correcctly when doing the crunches. It will build the muscle up and push out the fat. You need to strength the core muscles with planks and back enxtensions. search youtube for core strengthing exercises. Push ups are great for the abs, back muscle all of which when tighten and toned pull the tummy and waist in.

Here are some you tube video example of what you need to start with.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=core+strength+exercises&aq=2

Another great website is http://www.momsintofitness.com/. You may not be a mom but she has a video called Lindsay Brin CFS Method " Tummy Tuck without the surgery". It was the best $10 I've ever spent. I was able to lose 6 inches doing this 3 days a week and my cardio.
    http://www.momsintofitness.com/dvds/lindsay-brin-cfs-method
  • imagymrat
    Options
    In response to your comment.... I am not pushing anything on anyone. I am simply adding my thoughts on what might help. Something I have used, enjoyed, and want to share with others.... like recommending a good restaurant or a personal trainer. People helping people. I happen to love this site and encourage others to use it. Just as am excited to do a Just Dance challenge with Devon.

And yes, strength training is important along with cardio and a healthy diet. It's also important to know how to do what, when it comes to strengthen training so you don't get hurt and you train effectively. Muscle is metabolically active so therefore, the more muscle you have the more calories you burn even at rest, which will help you burn more body fat even at rest!

It's not the same, I give FREE advice I don't ask for anyone to obtain my services, you however, would be making money off a free site, without paying any restitution to the person whose site you are taking advantage of. You are trying to grow your business and put your name out there. I don't have a problem with you obtaining clients, but do it on your own. You would be making money from this lady off of a free site, you're using it as free advertisement for you..again NOT COOL..i'll flag you and report you.