Hitting the Wall

Options
Has anyone out there ever hit the wall and finally figured out who and what you want to be, even in your 30's? Well, that happened to me over the last few days. I have been busy raising my son and getting him off to school (Kindergarten) and now I finally have my days back to myself and know exactly where I want to be in five years!! Aside from wanting to be fit and healthy, I want to be firmly ensconced in my law degree at a top name Law School!! For years, I never thought about my life, except in the terms of letting it pass me by, but now I am 100% into the work it will take to become a Lawyer before I turn 45!! I know it may sound like a late in life choice but the way I look at it, age is just a number and if you want it, go for it!! Life wasn't meant to be easy and what in the heck do we have in this life that isn't challenging? So now, I am just taking on a new challenge!! Has anyone else out there done this?? Have they changed their life so profoundly that the light just popped on?

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Whoo hooo!!! Good, no GREAT for YOU!!!!! That is Not "LATE"! I'm 47 and doing my regular full time thing and a new part-time thing that is really motivating me and I'm Really enjoying and incorporating my new love for fitness and chatting on-line.

Life changes. by the time you're done you'd still have a 20 year Career! Too many people my age (47) just figure "well this is it"..... Really? do something you don't like for 20 More Years? I'm noping not to do that!!!! Or to appreciate both of my job more.

VERY proud of you! Good luck!!! We're here for your Fitness and Life changing job choices.

Nancy
  • Ookala
    Ookala Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I went back to college at age 33 and finished at 35. Both kids were in school and it was
    the right time for me.
    My husband went back to school at age 53 after damaging his shoulders.

We both had much better jobs after going back to school and both earned a nice
    retirement income for later years.

It's never too late to go to school. Follow your heart.
  • rosieflo
    Options
    It's never too late!!! You are still young and vibrant! Go for it!
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    YAHOOOOO and good for you.. it is NEVER to late to reinvent yourself and do what you want to do...Life changes and we need to allow ourselves the right to change and grow with it...let me tell you my story...At age 40, divorced and working for rent at a horse ranch I decided that this was not working for me and I wanted something different ( literally woke up like that ) I found the only college that had not started yet, enrolled in school and started..at first it was terrifying, I was in classes with people I could have conceivably given birth to LOL...I graduated with an AA in Psychology....got offered a job in Santa Barbara...so moved and started for by B.S. in Psychology.. took me almost ten years due to life circumstances...by then I knew I wanted to teach community college...so I went for and finished my Masters and am now teaching.. I am 57 and loving this...GO FOR IT everyday...and we will be here cheering you on every step!!!!! ALL of life journeys take support...and we will be there!!
    you ROCK!