had a great day today.....

Options
I am a local 911 dispatcher in a small city on the outside of fort worth. Me and a fellow 911 dispatcher received a medal of merit which is the highest a civilian can receive. It was about one specific call and we also had 3 officers receive the medal of valor which is the highest an officer can get. I have been a dispatcher for 5 years I celebrated my anniversary just a month after that call. I also received a medal of merit a couple of years back for the way I handled multiple different calls. Which is awesome some people have been there 10-15 years and have never received this award. Another reason it was a great day is.because my family came. My dad doesn't show his emotions and after the ceremony he looked teary eyed and said he was proud of me. He then came back later and said he should of said Congrats I told him I liked the first thing he said. My mom said he changed it because he is proud of me everyday. I told her it felt good because he doesn't normally share that. Sorry if I rambled on but it was a great day.

Replies

• countrygirlsoul
    Options
    You're not rambling...that does sound like a very great day!!
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Aw, what a wonderful accomplishment AND a great time of bonding with your family! Glad you shared!!
  • Kamila02
    Kamila02 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It made me cry just reading it! My daddy used to say he was proud of me. He had a hard time communicating and also never showed emotion. He died one year ago this month.

It sounds like it was a great day. I know you will cherish those days, my red headed friend...

Hope you have many more.

Congrats!