This guy is admitting he needs help to meet his goals...

Options
bezerkus
bezerkus Posts: 79 Member
Hello Everyone! I guess I'll just copy and paste my profile questions...
About Me
Hi Everyone, I'm 40, married to a lovely wife and 4 great children. I have the gene for being overweight having 3 brothers, my father and mother having real problems with it. I was also born 11lbs 10 oz! Sorry mom;). So far I have been able to avoid getting too far overweight, but my love for sweets, food, and my sit down computer job scares me. I'm just over the max target bmi and pretty much the heaviest I've been in my life so far. I joined fitness pal because I realized I'm at a point in my life where I think that extra help will make the difference, being too stubborn before to use any real program for eating and only using the boflex and treadmill as my own personal excercise routine.

Why I Want To Get In Shape
I simply feel better about myself and know that I can do more in life with the extra energy. I also have a huge phobia ; for getting overweight, (watching it happen to the family around me.) I also listened to my wife (she didn't know I heard) say wow under her breath years ago to a guy removing his shirt on a tv show ...and I've always wanted her to look at me in that way, I know...dumb reason, but yeah, I want her to say WOW! and not just "you look great hon, no worries"

My Inspirations
•Watching other people do it and seeing how much happier and confident they are

Nice to be around a bunch of others makin' their lives better!

Replies

• BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Wanting to make the change is a great place to start. You can friend me and I will help you be accountable and get the results you want. My hubby now has those "wow" abs - he didn't start out too heavy, but he has definitely dropped his body fat.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    welcome,
    this is a great site, with lots of ideas, encouragement, motivation and people to answer your questions and give you an extra push when you need it
  • jmb1510
    jmb1510 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. This really is a great tool and community. Congratulations on making the choice-that is the hardest part.
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you really want this! Well I love this site because you're around people who want the same things and are focused on their goals. Everyone is really supportive and I've never seen any negative comments on this site! It's a lot easier to stay focused when you have this huge support group! :]

Well good luck with your goal and just don't forget why you want it!