Londoners! Want Non-Serial KIller-y, Ice Cream-Loving Peeps

Options
Hey! As mentioned in the title, I am looking for some friends in London or even just in the UK, in general. You must, however, first go through about seven interviews and multiple training sessions to be my friend. I am very serious about this. It will be the most rigorous experience ever. Or not. :laugh:

What I am really looking for is just someone non-serial killer-y (as stated), ice cream-loving and with a great sense of humour. Oh, and also supportive. Just the basics of being a friend. In return, you get me. Not a bad deal. :wink:

So if you're up for it, please do add me.

Ps: Can someone please tell me if there are any great places to go for a run near Russell Square?

Replies

• runningcat76
    Options
    well I am not from London (Bournemouth actually) but I am the worlds greatest ice cream lover! Ben & Jerry are my best friends. Have a great day and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • laurelboynton
    laurelboynton Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm living in London, although from Nottingham.

I love ice cream. It is incredible. I am on a mission to find London's best Fro-yo to replace the dreaded Ice cream.

Laurel.
  • Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You're fun. I am not in the UK. I am also not a serial killer. But I do know all about them because I watch Luther! :)
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi Chick

Your best bet might actually be to get the tube to hyde park, green park or regents park...

No longer in London LOL.
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Maybe the UK is different, bu requesting ice cream lovers who aren't serial killers in the US would be asking too much.

;)
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    All fr sent!

@wheezeybouncer, I would send a fr in a heartbeat if we aren't already friends.

@PaulHalicki, I guess I was expecting too much. Setting an impossible task. Smh.

tumblr_inline_mh8xz1W4Go1qz4rgp.gif
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm American. Meaning I love ice cream, but am also definitely a serial killer. Let me know if you lower your standards. I'll be waiting...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm American. Meaning I love ice cream, but am also definitely a serial killer. Let me know if you lower your standards. I'll be waiting...
    She tells the truth. She serially killed me last week. :cry:

I am also American by birth, but British at heart. Pretty sure I was a Brit in a former life.
  • EdwarddeVere
    Options
    I lived in Charlton, SE7, for 2 years. Does that count?
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wonder if Jack the Ripper liked ice cream!?
  • dessertlover27
    Options
    Americans are taking over this thread! Them and their delicious Ben & Jerry. I can no longer resist, consider the 'standard lowered'.

The reason I am asking for some London/UK friends is because I will be moving there soon and am a little lost at the big city. But I sure am not going to say 'no' to ice cream loving people, wherever they are from.

Because it's about darn time:
    COMMERCIAL_87.gif
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream, but only from a cone.
    I lived in London for two years but no longer there.
    I am a serial-killer.

Do i make the grade? :bigsmile:
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I :heart: ice cream, and i'm originally from London, now living just north of there (Hertfordshire), so add me, and anyone else too, as I don't have any friends on here :sad:
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    My best friend lives in Lakenheath and loves ice cream. But she's definitely a redneck American. Which is probably why I love her so darned much. ;)

You and I can go for a run someday when I come to visit her.
  • dessertlover27
    Options
    Fine, I am willing to compromise on all counts but one. You can be a serial killer, cereal killer, American, Brits, aliens. Anything. But you must love ice cream.

SquirrelIceCreamCone.gif

@SarahCate79, of course, wifey. Although i can't promise not to be a tad bit jealous.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Hehe, I once lost 80lbs eating nothing but frazzles & haagen daaz praline & cream for dinner, needless to say I gained it all back once I started eating real food again but I think that shows some serious ice cream committment to forgoe all other food (except frazzles) in order to lose weight. :)

I'm in SE London & work in the city.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Fine, I am willing to compromise on all counts but one. You can be a serial killer, cereal killer, American, Brits, aliens. Anything. But you must love ice cream.
    Ice cream is awesome.

I miss good soft serve. There were really awesome soft serve ice cream stands all over the place when I lived in New York (where it snows about nine months a year). I moved to Florida and there are hardly any ice cream places at all and no soft serve except when the fair comes to town. :-(

I can't wait for the fair this year so I can have chocolate soft serve dipped in cherry candy. Mmmmmm ...

Otherwise, I can't have Moose Tracks in my house or I'll eat the entire carton in a sitting!
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yes, another American here, but I did enjoy my three weeks there this summer. How did I manage to hit the first heat wave in years?

Anyway, I did some light jogging around Hyde Park and Regent's Park, as well as around the city in general. If / when I go back, I plan on doing more jogging around Hyde Park especially - found it very enjoyable.
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I moved to Florida and there are hardly any ice cream places at all and no soft serve except when the fair comes to town. :-(

Florida? Well then. It's not soft-serve, but... Publix Premium Lemon Sugar Cookie ice cream.

YOU'RE WELCOME.
  • dessertlover27
    Options
    Ice cream is awesome.

I miss good soft serve. There were really awesome soft serve ice cream stands all over the place when I lived in New York (where it snows about nine months a year). I moved to Florida and there are hardly any ice cream places at all and no soft serve except when the fair comes to town. :-(

I can't wait for the fair this year so I can have chocolate soft serve dipped in cherry candy. Mmmmmm ...

Otherwise, I can't have Moose Tracks in my house or I'll eat the entire carton in a sitting!

How is it that they don't have all that many ice cream places in Florida?! Perfect weather for it. I think if it was me, I would rage quit and just move out of Florida. :noway: Or at least dream about ice cream every single night.