What is your average loss per week?

Options
How long have you been maintaining a calorie deficit and what is your average loss per week?

I have been dieting for 23 weeks and am down 28 pounds, for an average of 1.2 pounds per week.

How about you?

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky if it's half a pound a week. Of course, I'm nearing the end, so that's how things go. These past couples of weeks I can't seem to get it to go down at all.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    About 26 weeks now. Averaging 1.8lb loss per week. :drinker:
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 7 weeks and averaging a little over 3 pounds a week. I'm supposed to be losing a pound and a half, but maybe I'm more active than I gave myself credit for? I figure that if it works and I'm not starving, it's fine.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kender54
    kender54 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    26 weeks, total loss 57 lbs, average of 2.19 a week.
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    About 16 weeks here. Averaging about 1.2 a week. But I have been all over the place. Often losing only .2s or .4s, and then will get hit with a 2lb or even a 4lb once.
  • Joebob8
    Joebob8 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 192 I lost 30 pounds in a little over 2 months, so about 3.5 pounds per week. A year later I was at 172 and lost 18 pounds in 2 months, so a little over 2 pounds per week. To get down from 154 to 145 took me 5 months. It took another six months to get to 127. I maintained that weight for years and decided only recentlytomake that"final push" to the body I want. 2 months of excruciatingly hard work and I'm down to a whopping 123!

Moral of the story is the more weight you have to lose, the faster you will lose, so don't compare your rate of loss to others ( or even your former self).
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Back when I was actively trying to lose I was steadily losing at 1-2 lbs per week. I've been maintaining for months now though.
  • higgi7
    higgi7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 192 I lost 30 pounds in a little over 2 months, so about 3.5 pounds per week. A year later I was at 172 and lost 18 pounds in 2 months, so a little over 2 pounds per week. To get down from 154 to 145 took me 5 months. It took another six months to get to 127. I maintained that weight for years and decided only recentlytomake that"final push" to the body I want. 2 months of excruciatingly hard work and I'm down to a whopping 123!

Moral of the story is the more weight you have to lose, the faster you will lose, so don't compare your rate of loss to others ( or even your former self).

Congratulations - That's great for all of us to remember.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I Lost 1 pound a week at 1250 till I lost 28. Then I changed to 1600 with increased exercise and stood still for 7 months. Brought my calories down to 1450 and got 1/4 pound a week the last three weeks. 15 to go.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options

This.

Each person is different. Slow and steady win the race.

Good luck in your journey
  • igotabulletproofheart
    Options
    Right now, about 1lb. I'm only doing yoga (currently power, but switching to ashtanga soon) right now so I'm not expecting the greatest results. I'll be adding skipping into my workouts soon so theoretically I should be seeing a 2lb loss then.
  • sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've been losing for the last 4-5 months. Over the last 90 days, I've lost an average of 2 pounds a week. It does vary -- some weeks it is a little over a pound, other weeks it is almost 4. I think some of the variation is water weight.
  • terriblyn
    terriblyn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    6 weeks 4 lbs.

1.5lbs./week

That's my goal and I'm reaching it.
    Slow and steady is my indicator that it's fat loss...that and my emerging cut lines :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Zero most weeks. I've been maintaining for a couple of years and now that I'm trying to lose another 10 it's very slow. I expect it will take at least until after the holidays. Possibly till next Spring. I'm cool with that.

But I am going to start ChaLEAN Extreme in a couple of weeks, so maybe that last bit off sooner.
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    Yeah, I'd say about 2. If l look back over the past few months it all averages out to that.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I've lost 80 lbs within 35 weeks, making my average 2.29 lbs per week.
  • stillnot2late
    Options
    Zero most weeks. I've been maintaining for a couple of years and now that I'm trying to lose another 10 it's very slow. I expect it will take at least until after the holidays. Possibly till next Spring. I'm cool with that.

But I am going to start ChaLEAN Extreme in a couple of weeks, so maybe that last bit off sooner.

I'm doing the old chalean, the turbo fire. Because of my knees I do it from a chair, and it is an "extreme" sweat maker. She is dynamite.
  • stillnot2late
    Options
    MAILLEMAKER - YOU CAN'T RUN FROM A FORK?? THAT'S FUNNY!
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    11 weeks, 41 pounds, 3.6 pounds per week.

But for the first couple weeks, it was about 6 or 7, and more recent weeks it's smaller. At first, my loss was about equally fat, muscle, and water. More recently, my loss is almost all fat. (My physician has an InBody machine that gives me exact figures for these.)