Its me...again! Diet pills?

Options
I know i know, i keep asking questions :) but i was wondering if anyone has tryed alli or hydroxicut?? If you did, did they help?? And also i know diet and excersise withh help, but thats very vague, what exactly can i eat? Any ideas? What about excersise?

Replies

• Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I took alli and it did help. I lost about 20lbs and was able to keep it off after I stopped taking it. I will explain more about it tomorrow if you want me to but I have ot get off the computer now so let me know
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    I took Alli as well and does work. As long as you stay with in the recommended total fat per meal and one snack you shouldn't suffer too much with the side effects. I found it was an incentive to watch and count the fat in my meals. As I never had any side effects that people kept reporting I tested it over a weekend when I was home and ate a lot more fat and I then did get the side effects. These mainly being needing to go to the toilet urgently and loose bowel movements (and thats putting it nicely).

I have been considering going back on them, but at mo the weight is coming off really nicely, think if it plateaus will start taking them again.

xUna
  • becca0wnz
    becca0wnz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I took alli in the past with success and lost about 25lbs with diet and exercise. This is of course, if you stay strict to the recommended daily fat intake. Otherwise, as others mentioned you will suffer crappy consequences to put it nicely. I have reached somewhat of a pleateau and have recently started taking them again this week. So far, so good.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I took hydroxycut awhile ago and COULD NOT SLEEP!! It's claim that it gives you a lot of energy is right on, however I would love to be able to sleep once in awhile. I think I stopped taking it after a week or so, and I definitely wouldn't reccomend it .
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    I think I ask this questions every time someone mentions Alli so I truely apologize but the FIRST thing i notice is EVERYONE says..they took Alli, watched what they ate, cut out the fat and exercised.....so my question is...you do realize even if you'd done the diet and exercise without Alli you'd have the same results....minus the accidental bowel movements or chemicals in your body...so why why why choose to add chemicals to your body when you've already hit on the two things that have guaranteed you to lose weight?...change your diet and exercise? Just a thought...
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    your 19 and otherwise healthy. Why risk your health for a rapid weight loss? diet pills only work when you use them. hopefully you are wanting to be more healthy and have more stanima for your kids and s.o. by losing the weight slowly and making a new lifestyle so you won't gain it all back is by far the best route imho. good luck
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    sorry I forgot the other question. A diet high in fiber low in saturated fat and good carbs ie fruits and veggies clean protein like fish fowl or lean beef etc. Avoid empty carbs like cakes white bread and white rice. they dont have fiber and have been stripped of their nutrients. As for exercise, 30 day shred is great. any of the exercise dvds are going to help you. walkin, running whatever just git off your couch and move at least 30 min a day. read alot of the post here and google nutition take control of your life and have fun with your new lifestyle.
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I did both and they work but with Alli you must stay within the recommended fat guidelines or you will have a bm right after you eat lost about 15 on each that was a few years ago!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    My dad and i were taking diet pills called "up your gas" and one day my dad went for a regular check up. The nurse took his blood pressure and asked if he had a headache, my dad said no, so she said she would be right back(after taking his bp about 3 more times) the nurse came back with a pill, and he had gto let it disolve under hs tongue. When the doctor came in he said my dads bp was so high he was shoked he wasn't having a stroke. So, in my opinon, it's NOT WORTH IT. My dad has never had bp problems since then.