80 Pounds Lost

Options
EDITED TO ADD - No, I have not had ANY surgery for my loose skin. In the pictures of me on stage, you can see the loose skin especially around my stomach. In the black and white picture, I am posing to hide it better and that's also a photo shoot picture which has been edited as most photo shoot pictures are. I still have loose skin and always will from losing weight.

Hello!

I wanted to share my success story with all of you, in hopes of hopefully motivating and inspiring those that need it the most. I am a 25 year old female who has successfully lost 80 pounds and kept it off.

Growing up, I was the chubby kid. The fat friend. The girl who got picked on for her weight. The girl who wore jeans and hoodies in the summertime because I was so embarrassed of my body. I love food. Who doesn't? Still to this day, I am a huge foodie. It's just something I enjoy.

Throughout high school, I tried the Slim Fast diet, Atkins, South Beach, etc. Around the age of 18 I decided to try Weight Watchers. For those of you who are familiar with WW, it was when they had the old program and I loved it! I lost 40 pounds, but ended up gaining it back. I was your typical yo-yo dieter. Always losing and gaining, losing and gaining. I started to really pack on the pounds after high school and at the age of 21 I weighed in at a whopping 198 pounds. That's the highest number I can ever physically remember seeing on the scale. I knew I had to do something...and it needed to be a permanent change.

I started watching what I ate a little bit closer, going to the gym a little more, and eventually noticed the scale going down. Mind you, I wasn't eating "clean" necessarily - but monitoring my overall caloric intake. I paired that with too much cardio and ended up losing weight but not really having any muscle tone. Definitely the wrong approach which I have had to work on reversing.

Fast forward from October 2009-July 2012, I had lost roughly 60 pounds. I moved to Florida last July and joined a gym as soon as I got here so I wouldn't fall back into old habits. I had started working with one of the trainers there who was also a competitive bodybuilder. My boyfriend and I went to one of his shows and I saw the girls on stage in the bikini division and immediately thought, "I want to be able to do that someday!" Well, I put my plan into action and this past January I hired a competition coach to get my ready for the stage.

I have been with my coach since January and it has been a very long and intense process. Very rigid dieting, very rigid training, but all so worth it. I stepped on stage for my first time just over 2 weeks ago, on August 24th, and took first place overall in the bikini division. It was an amazing experience. I am actually 3 weeks out from my second show which will be October 5th. After that, I will go into what competitors call an "off season" and work on improving my weak points, eating a larger amount of food to support my intense training, and keeping my head in the game for next year's season.

Has it been easy? NO WAY. Have I wanted to quit? YES. Results keep me going. It take 3...and ONLY 3 things to be successful in getting healthier and losing weight. Hard work, dedication, and consistency.

I still have a long way to go on this journey and goals that I am working towards, but that is all a part of the process. I can't wait to improve and get better!

Also, I have entered a contest for fun on facebook win a prize package. If you could vote for my picture, I would appreciate it! Just follow this link and click LIKE underneath my photo :)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=579253778799710&set=a.579253712133050.1073741829.454124151312674&type=1&theater&notif_t=comment_mention

And for some pictures..I will add I have no before pictures of me at my heaviest that show my stomach. I hate having my picture taken, overweight or not... but here you go!
3512b4ce-6b83-4283-99d4-cc172ae76432_zpsbd156c41.jpg
1238858_10200529828823939_963272868_n_zpsa4683eac.jpg
1208565_650479291629642_1771792672_n_zps6154de59.jpg
1237814_657639977580240_141684267_n.jpg
1174719_651732764837628_1752403960_n.jpg
1238113_651734328170805_1903331146_n.jpg
1185062_182912531891486_727990906_n_zpsc8f75ee2.jpg

Replies

• michelle0114
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing job you look fantastic!!
  • Toofatforshirts
    Toofatforshirts Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    good job I am so proud of you
  • Comonemo
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation!! Even from Feb to Aug.... I'd love to know how you went about it! Way to go!
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Oh wow you look stunning :heart:

Well done on all of your success :smile:
  • LetsGetFitMama
    Options
    Simply stunning!
    I think I have a girl crush now!:blushing: lol but seriously, you have done an amazing job and clearly you have worked VERY hard for your amazing results! Truly and inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing your story!

edited to let you know I went ahead and voted for you, good luck!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    So glad to have such an amazing, inspirational person as my friend. You continue to awe and inspire! Great work, my friend. I can't wait to see what you achieve next!!
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    So glad to have such an amazing, inspirational person as my friend. You continue to awe and inspire! Great work, my friend. I can't wait to see what you achieve next!!

Thank you SO much. I am glad to have you as an amazing friend on here. Always so positive and I love it!! :)
  • airant
    airant Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You are great!!! Keep the amazing work...:flowerforyou:
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this!
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    you are so gorgeous! i am so proud of what you've become. thanks for the inspiration :D
  • undredog
    Options
    You truly are an inspiration .
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Simply stunning!
    I think I have a girl crush now!:blushing: lol but seriously, you have done an amazing job and clearly you have worked VERY hard for your amazing results! Truly and inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing your story!

edited to let you know I went ahead and voted for you, good luck!

Thank you so much :-) I really appreciate it. And thanks for taking your time to vote. It's a silly contest but who doesn't like free stuff? lol
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Amazing, thank you so much for the share, gives those of us just starting, hope that there's light at the end of the very long tunnel.
  • dietcokeg
    dietcokeg Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    wow!! inspiring as hell! well done!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! WTG!!!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    DAAAAAAYYYUUMMMMM, GURL!!! You look incredible! Good for you!
  • laurenvan143
    Options
    I am so inspired right now by you!..You prove that it can be done! Thank you so much for sharing, you give me new inspiration :)
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous! This really shows what HARD work, commitment and dedication can do!!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    OMG! Crazy good job! Ü
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, job well done :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!