Up then down then down then up

Options
I seem to have been loosing weight on a pretty steady basis. MFP says to take in 1960 cals a day. I usually work out around 3 times a week at about 30-60 min a time (its always running or swimming).

I dropped to 185 easy. Now I bounce between 181-183. Some days 184. And this is all within a day. I might take in too little calories, but I dont feel hungry (like today I actually had a lot along with a nice heavy mug of beer and MFP said it wasnt enough).

Any thoughts on how to kick this up and down? Ive actually been like this with the heavier weights too (id bounce between 189-192).

Whats going on??

Replies

• PrettyPrincess2011
    PrettyPrincess2011 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think you need to eat a nice balanced diet and workout 5 days a week instead of 3. I would make sure you are eating at least the minimum amount of calories mfp allots to you, and most of your exercise cals, if you want to lose weight steadily. I also struggle with eating the minimum amount, but that's a whole nother story, lol. I know its difficult when you don't feel hungry, but since you are male, just upping your exercise should really help you. lucky(=. Also make sure to drink your water..at least 8 glasses a day, and get plenty of sleep, at least 8 hours. If you can I would try to cut out the beer, since it has lots of yeast and can make you retain weight, and water. I would also make sure you are tracking your sodium on here. Too much sodium in the diet can make your weight stall like this.)= Hope this helps!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I seem to have been loosing weight on a pretty steady basis. MFP says to take in 1960 cals a day. I usually work out around 3 times a week at about 30-60 min a time (its always running or swimming).

I dropped to 185 easy. Now I bounce between 181-183. Some days 184. And this is all within a day. I might take in too little calories, but I dont feel hungry (like today I actually had a lot along with a nice heavy mug of beer and MFP said it wasnt enough).

Any thoughts on how to kick this up and down? Ive actually been like this with the heavier weights too (id bounce between 189-192).

Whats going on??

Don't weigh yourself everyday, you notice every tiny fluctuation and these fluctuations are normal. Weigh once per week and then measure yourself, record it all.

If you are not hungry don't eat. Why stuff yourself full when you are not hungry, was it not eating that way that got you here (along with thousands of others I hasten to add) in the first place?

People say eat more to lose weight - really? That would be nice, I am wondering how people end up fat at all if that's the case.

I only exercise three to four times per week, I am female so on 1200 calories per day. I do not eat my exercise calories, but everybody is different.

All I will say is this, if you are not losing weight on the calories you are taking in at the moment, try cutting some of them out. People will go on about starvation mode, but do you have less than 5% fat on your body? If not, your body will burn your excess fat off AS LONG as you continue to exercise.

All the very best with your weight loss, you will find your way and when you do, for crying out loud, stick with it. If you end up finding something that works, don't try to fix it as it will not be broken.
  • jps2b
    jps2b Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks all. I dont drink often, its no more than two nights a week. I could probably do the 8 cups of water better...Im pretty bad about that.

I unfortunately dont have the time to workout 5 times a week. I wont lie, motivation takes some part in that, but being in florida, the best time I have to run most the week is around noon till 3, when its the hottest, and I dont do that for staying safe medically. When I can run in the morning or evening, I take it right away.

My job(s) require little sleep. Im used to it.

My diet has improved (I went from fast food 4-5 times a week to one time a week). Im eating more lean foods, trying my best to put some fruits and veggies in there as well.

I suppose its best not to look at the scale everyday. I used to be a professional swimmer, so It was the norm for me to pig out constantly and not gain a pound. I know I have a lot of muscle in my legs and back, but I used to weigh 165, so Im getting back down that way (I hope).

Thanks for your help! All opinions and advice Ill be sure to take!