Eating healthy on a college campus?

2»

Replies

• everstraete
    everstraete Posts: 18 Member
    I'm in a similar situation as you- meal plan with 19 meals a week, mini fridge (really, really, mini) and a hot pot and kcup brewer. Microwave in the lounge but it's usually broken. My university has to go dining options and I usually get fresh fruits and veggies and a low calorie entree like a turkey sandwich (bfast is 5 items I get milk for my coffee then supplement with yogurt, banana, and apples they have). TO go dining or food court style eating that restricts what you can get is the way to go for portion control, however there is lots of benefits to be found at a buffet style dining hall.
    Go to dining hall, eat and then make a second trip to the salad bar- I usually keep sandwich baggies in my satchel that I use to store apples, baby carrots, and other fresh fruits and veggies in from the dining hall which takes care of between meal snacking in a healthy way. Also, air popped popcorn (you can buy a popper for like $20 or use a microwave) one bag at the store costs about two dollars and makes piles of popcorn that you can bag up with a little salt or cinnamon as a quick low calorie snack.