IFFYM IS CHEATING !!

Options
I am bulking on IIFYM and to be honest I can see some results. As I am really lean and I'm gaining a lot of strength in the gym without loosing too much definition.I upped my calories to 2800 that could probably be just a little above my maintenance.
The problem is that I feel like I'm eating a bunch of sh** ... I mean a lot of sugar, ice-cream, fruit, and low-fat yogurt... in order to reach my calorie goals. My macro split is 190Pro/370Carb/63FAT. Also eating this much carbs make me feel bloated as fuark...

What could I do ?? xD xD

Replies

• tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Decrease carbs and increase either protein or fat.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Increase protein and decrease carbs a bit. There is nothing wrong from getting a larger portion of your cals from protein especially while on a bulk cycle. Other than that, try eating more rice, potatoes and such instead of so many dairy products to get rid of the bloat.
  • Lorix94
    Lorix94 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Increase protein and decrease carbs a bit. There is nothing wrong from getting a larger portion of your cals from protein especially while on a bulk cycle. Other than that, try eating more rice, potatoes and such instead of so many dairy products to get rid of the bloat.
    That's a good point ;) THANKS !!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    IIFYM means you can add some treats, but it doesn't mean you have to add them.............:wink:
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I would decrease carbs and increase fats. It's easy to add a little extra olive oil to salads, butter to eggs and toast... you get the idea.
  • Stamaxo
    Stamaxo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    +1 on decrease carbs and increase fats. Protein seems quite high also, how much do you weigh?

Eat simple carbs instead of complex so you don't feel as bloated for so long. White rice, potatoes. Complex carbs before workout or morning is good.

Ice cream is good, I wouldn't be complaining. Having Ben & Jerry's and making gains, yes please.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Another vote for increasing fats. Almonds are great.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am bulking on IIFYM and to be honest I can see some results. As I am really lean and I'm gaining a lot of strength in the gym without loosing too much definition.I upped my calories to 2800 that could probably be just a little above my maintenance.
    The problem is that I feel like I'm eating a bunch of sh** ... I mean a lot of sugar, ice-cream, fruit, and low-fat yogurt... in order to reach my calorie goals. My macro split is 190Pro/370Carb/63FAT. Also eating this much carbs make me feel bloated as fuark...

What could I do ?? xD xD

you say you're eating a lot of **** and then list fruit... really!?

anyway, you just need 2 things... a jar of peanut butter and a spoon....
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    Bloated on a bulk?!? You don't say

OP this is the bittersweetness of a bulk man! You are going to get bloated on an excess regardless of what foods. IIFYM is not "cheating" and has been brought to light because it WORKS.

Too many bulkers get discouraged b.c of losing that leanness.. but even look at the pros - they all look like snowmen on the off season.

Keep trucking and know it's for the better and most importantly - EAT THE FOODS YOU ENJOY