Starting again

Options
rose313
rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
I'm not new, but I am recently starting again after falling off the wagon. I started MFP in Sept of 2011 weighing 160 pounds. I lost weight very slowly and tried everything, including the gym 6 days a week and eating anywhere from 1000 (I know, too low) to 1900 calories. Nothing worked. I tried In Place Of A Road Map and educated myself on TDEE, BMR, everything I could possibly learn about the body and weight loss. I only lost 10 pounds in the course of a year and a half and it was thanks to strength training...but I even hit a plateau with that and stopped losing from that, including measurements. I decided to do a metabolism reset and eat what I thought was my TDEE at lightly active (around 2300) for a few months. I actually ended up eating around probably 2500 a day, not exercising (got lazy and unmotivated from lack of results) and usually skipping logging a couple times a week. I gained about 20 pounds since January. The weight seemed to come on really fast and I don't know why I let myself gain so much without doing something about it. I was having fun with my life, going out a lot, and stopped caring for awhile. Since I hit 170 I've been upset about what I've done to myself. My clothes are tight and I have fat where I'd never seen fat before. I know I'm not that big but it's a lot different from what I'm used to! I have been going to the gym again for awhile now and watching what I eat but my weight is coming off either very slowly or not at all, so I just wanted to get back on the forums to get some more motivation and say hi to the people I haven't talked to in awhile!

Replies

• roseagra
    Options
    hey fellow Rose! all the best with it, day by day all the way :-)
  • daisym73
    Options
    Hello Roses....another flower here....Daisy.

Im also starting again. This is the only thing that works for me.
    The first time I lost around 23 lbs...everything was going OK then my
    Dad died and I went into depression and did not keep up with anything.
    The good news is that I did not gain all the weight that I lost the first time
    just about 16 lbs...so I feel I'm still a little bit ahead of the game..

So here I am again, I began to log in on August 5 and have lost 6 lbs already!!!
    My goal is try to lose 5 lbs per month. I read that is pretty easy to acomplish.

Keep it up and good luck ...and yes..it's one day at a time.
  • Gaumer
    Gaumer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Rose, your testimony was very eloquent. I am in a similar situation. I am back for the third time. I was successful using the program the first two attempts. However, as always, I put the weight back on. After a not-so-pleasant visit with my doctor last week, I have a little extra motivation. I am also going to try and be a little more social this time around in hopes that it will help me meet new people and motivate me a little more.
  • klkelley
    klkelley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi Rose...I am in a similar situation. I lost 40 pounds about 5 or 6 years ago. In the beginning I weighed in at 175 and lost down to 135. I was thrilled; however since then I have struggled. I also had a hysterectomy and turned 50 which seems to slow metabolism down. I weighed 170 pounds again and decided this was not happening. I am back on here hoping to lose the weight permanently. When I logged in last week it was at 167 and have since lost 6 pounds, probably water weight.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support! I wish it would just stay off once it comes off but nothing is ever easy.