Can't lose weight the second time around

Options
Ilovepeppers
Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi everyone. I lost 70 pounds in about a year from late 2011 to late 2012.. then maintained nicely for about 9 months and then slowly put all the weight back on +20 pounds. I've tried losing weight a second time but always give up really quickly.

This is my first real try losing weight a second time, I've been dieting for 2 weeks eating healthier foods/less calories/exercising more. I eat between 1300 and 1500 calories per day and I'm *lightly* exercising (taking moderate paced walks). I've lost nothing and gained .5 pounds.

I have a kitchen scale and measure everything, plus the only liquid I drink anyway is water (others usually hurt my teeth) and I've begun drinking 8 glasses per day.

Does anyone have any insight on why i'm not losing anything? I'm 5'9 and 263. I'dr be happy if even a pound was gone! Just something to show I'm moving in the right direction.

I feel thinner (might be from not feeling full 24/7 from the binging) and I'm trying to stay motivated but it's hard when I see no results.
This discussion has been closed.