Spreading out calories?

Options
I have to eat often as im always hungry lol but my fitness pal has put me on around 1300 calories a day. How can i spread this out til late at night when im more hungry? My tea usually has around 300 calories to 400 calories in.

Replies

• mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    you need to set lower goals, eg, 1lb a week loss, will give you more calories and still a steady loss. or do more exercise to giv eyou more calories to eat, i couldnt live off so little to eat!
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Early this week I struggled to eat 1000 calories because I was eating really clean. If you fill up your plate with lo-cal veggies you'll be satisfied without hitting the totals too hard. Feel free to look at my diary to get an idea.
  • RachSuzanne
    RachSuzanne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    First of all- Why does you tea have so many calories? Are you drinking sweet tea????? That would be my first step, nix the sugar. Sugar consumes a ton of calories and is not filling. I know this sounds impossible, but I used to drink my coffee with creamer and sugar. By switching to a different brand of coffee that was flavored I am now able to drink it black. This saved me a lot of calories. Try finding a tea that is not sweetened but has flavor, like raspberry. You may consider using the Crystal Light teas.

The second thing would be to make sure you are eating your exercise calories. If you are exercising 300 calories off, you are now eating 1600 calories.

Also, when you are hungry between meals, snack on things like celery. They are extremely low calorie, cure the oral desire to chew on something, and are very fibrous so they stick with you.

Finally, water. How much water are you drinking. If you are drinking 300-400 calories of tea, I'll bet you're not drinking enough water. I drink two full glasses of water when I get up, before I have coffee. Two glasses while I'm at work before lunch. Two glasses at lunch. Two glasses at work before the time I go home and two glasses with dinner. I drink other things in there also because I'm generally a thirsty person. In other words, you should feel like you are drinking a silly amount of water.

Anyhow, I hope that helps. It sounds like maybe you need to assess alternatives for where your calories are coming from.

Good luck, You can do it!!!
  • JillieHobbs
    Options
    What kind of tea are you drinking? They say it is good to try and eliminate empty calories that come from drinks. If you can't eliminate the tea, is there a way you can tweek it to be a little lower in calories?
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Try and spread your protein out through the day. It helps you from getting blood sugar spikes, which can make you hungry. Stay away from sweets after dinner (that can cause the sugar spikes). When I get hungry late at night, I usually have 2 glasses of water and wait 20 minutes. If after that time, I'm still hungry, I'll grab a few carrots or cut up a cucumber to munch on.

In terms of spreading it out: Try and make your meals around 350 cal (if you do three, if you do 5, it should be around 200 cal each). That will leave 250 for snacks, which if you make healthy options like veggie sticks without dip will go A LONG way to helping you curb your hunger.

I used to have the same issue, but I found if I keep my snacks to 100 cal and my meals to 350, I have trouble getting all the food of the day in. I also implement the water rule when I'm really craving something (salty snacks are my downfall) and find that if I have to drink 2 glasses of water first, it's really not worth the effort of eating that something. If I do, then I've helped mitigate the negative effects of high sodium with the extra water.
  • dnndavie
    dnndavie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    To clarify for all--

Tea is late afternoon/early evening meal in England. Dinner, basically.

Good lord, that woud be some SWEET! tea if it was a drink with 300-400 calories.
  • beasy22
    beasy22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: