Cravings

Options
Day 3 of trying to quit Mt Dew, I average 3 on a "good" day and 4 on a "bad" day.
Day 1 I had half a can, 6oz at 4pm
Day 2 I had a whole can at lunch
Day 3, I woke up with a very strong 'need' for a mt dew, I even gave myself permission to go buy one. But first I logged into the computer I have MPF set as my home page. I read a few blogs, topics, post, it is now almost 45 min later from when I logged in and my craving is less demanding. I think it's because I logged in and feel more encouraged, inspired by what others have written, accomplished and continue to struggle with.
I guess short version of this is it really helps ME to have a place to go where people relate, understand, have similar struggles and have success.

For now I will not have a mt dew, I take it one hour at a time. The mornings are always the hardest, mt dew for me is equivalent to most peoples coffee and then again in the afternoon around 2pm when I hit my slump.

Replies

• mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    whats Mt Dew??
  • RachSuzanne
    RachSuzanne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    whats Mt Dew??

The soda Mountain Dew.

Great Job so far. I know one day I'll want to nix the coffee and I'm not sure how this is going to work out. Just cutting back is impressive to me.

Keep it up!
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i only drink diet coke now, just a taste of the full sugar one give me the shakes and makes my teeth feel bad!!

Hope you get past the barrier of needing it !

i dont have a drink fixation really, have always just wanted water even as a child, i have juice now and again, but always go back to water.

They have some really nie diet mixers out there now, i like bitter cranberry....
    Good luck
    xx
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    you can do it! It is the sugar and caffine you crave - it is soooo many empty calories. Just wean yourself off it gradual, I had to do the same with coffee. Just like you, I found when the craving hit to get busy doing something else. Exercise is a good substitute if you are somewhere you can do that! good luck
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - it seems like you're doing well so far. Overcoming the initial cravings is the hardest part, once you break the cycle I hope you'll find it much easier. It takes a lot of will power but you're succeeding!! Keep up the good work :-)