TMI discussion: Poop talk

Since eating less and cutting out all the fried crap, keeping track of what I am eating, drinking a ****ton more water, and adding exercise, one thing I was not expecting has happened: Pooping WAY less than I used to. I assume this is normal and will continue on with a little less bathroom time at work...other than peeing every 30 minutes.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    yup yup, less in = less out
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    One would think that increased fiber = increased pooping, but I also find I do it less. Probably because my fibrous foods are also a large percentage water.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    yup yup, less in = less out

quoted for truth and for an excellent choice in jersey
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Eat Taco Bell. You'll be thankful.

On a serious note, get some fat on your body to process it. When we eat "healthy" all the time, you tend to go very low in fat which causes constipation. Which is why variety is the key.
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    I have also found my twitter reading has decreased proportionally with my decreased poopage.
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Make sure you're eating tons of fiber! Sometimes when we cut down on foods, especially carbs, we cut out a ton of our fiber without even thinking about it.

That said.. I know EXACTLY what you mean. I was hoping someone would say it. Seriously, it's like once a day now. Sometimes less. According to my macros I'm getting enough fiber but I don't know how accurate the MFP calculations are. It's probably just because I'm eating at quite a deficit, only 1320 calories a day. Though this is plenty for me, that can't be enough food to send me to the bathroom a few times a day.

Edited to say: not constipated though, just not going to the bathroom! Also, Everybody Poops and hoorah for less Twitter.
  • jerryvo
    jerryvo Posts: 66 Member
    How long have you been on your new eating / exercise routine? When I first started I had the same thing happen to me but after about a month I returned to my normal frequency albeit on a different schedule than before.

YAY POOP TALK!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: <-- sorry I could not resist!
  • scot30316
    Yeah I'm a newbie jerryvo. Only about 6 days so far. But this poop discussion seems to have started some rumblings. BRB gotta check my twitter feed.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    3IkdBUZ.gif
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    3IkdBUZ.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Protein makes me poop. :blushing:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member

Or White Castle :laugh:
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member

Hit the Trifecta... Eat Taco Bell, followed by White Castle, and then McDonald's.
  • scot30316

Hit the Trifecta... Eat Taco Bell, followed by White Castle, and then McDonald's.
    I just crapped my pants halfway through reading White Castle (would have to be Krystal here though, no White Castles)
  • jerryvo
    jerryvo Posts: 66 Member

Thank god there are no White Castles in the south or I would be on My Fatty Pal. I could mow down on a whole crave case in one sitting. When I go back home to Detroit the castle of white is my first stop after leaving the airport.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Makes sense if you eat less that less is going to come back out. My hubby is obese, eats a lot and, from what I can smell, must poop every time he goes into the bathroom. I go once a day at most, maybe only once every 2 days. Probably the difference between 1500 calories and 4,000.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,438 Member
    354ipe.jpg
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Totally not normal. You're probably just storing it up for one big one. Stock up on bowl cleaner buddy!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Increase the osmolarity of your digestive system have a sugary soda and watch it flow. Good thing youre still drinking the water like a sailor that will make sure everything comes out nice and soft instead of like a hard, dry brick.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    One would think that increased fiber = increased pooping, but I also find I do it less. Probably because my fibrous foods are also a large percentage water.

HAHAHA!! I know you are joking. Pretty girls don't poop!