HEllo

rdhd2021
rdhd2021 Posts: 5
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I am erica and I have just joined. I heard about this site from a co worker. I have been doing the biggest loser competition at work and have lost 14 lbs so far. Sill have a long way to go. Any ideas on how to get my exercise into my day. i have a pretty full day and just don;t know when to get it all in. Thank and best of luck to everyone out there.

Replies

• rdhd2021
    rdhd2021 Posts: 5
    I am erica and I have just joined. I heard about this site from a co worker. I have been doing the biggest loser competition at work and have lost 14 lbs so far. Sill have a long way to go. Any ideas on how to get my exercise into my day. i have a pretty full day and just don;t know when to get it all in. Thank and best of luck to everyone out there.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Welcome Erica! I hope you find us to be as good and encouraging a community as you can find on the net! Feel free to ask questions, say hello, and generally post at will. :bigsmile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome.

Well not knowing your schedule that would be difficult to say. However I go directly after work to walk for an hour. When I get back I can do whatever it is that I need to do. I know others who walk during their lunches or early morning even after dinner. It just depends on where you have a few spare moments.

You can do this.
    :flowerforyou:
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Hello and welcome.

There are so many little things to get that little excerise at work, most of them are the old standbys.

Use stairs bristly but safely, stand as often as possible if you have a sitting type job. Park at the far end of the parking lot, don't look for that close spot. Have a quick healthy lunch then walk it off outside. Move constantly even when sitting, fighting like a child burs calories. Stand next to a door or wall while talking and press out with your arms for a little strength training.

Basically every little extra thing you do that involves motion uses energy, energy burns calories. And don’t forget those deep breathing excurses.
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Welcome =) My family/friends are doing are own biggest looser competition also! I just recently joined this site and thought i would get an 'up' on the competition- but instead i love the site so much- i had to tell them all about it so they can use it also! haha
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hi Erica and Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • Hi and Welcome to MFP. It is a great site. Have you read the one under General Discussion the topic is something like Read Me Newbie 2nd Edition. It has 3 links on it that have some very good info. Good luck to you and your friends Moonshadow
This discussion has been closed.