New to the forums

Options
KateGifford
KateGifford Posts: 2,397 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hey guys,

I've had My Fitness Pal for a while now, but I've never really been too active on it. My mother convinced me to do a half-marathon with her in November, and I realized I needed a little help. So here I am, to introduce myself.

I've always been slightly overweight, but nothing unmanageable. However, I started a new job in February, and I have become the most inactive I've ever been. This is my first desk job, and I have gained about 15 pounds because of it.

I've started going to the gym four (getting up to five) times a week. I can't run. At all. I can walk four miles at a brisk pace without a single issue, but if I run even half a mile, my knee begins to hurt badly. This has posed a challenge for marathon training, but I feel if I walk briskly the whole time, I should be able to complete it in under my three hour goal.

Food-Wise has been difficult for me. I can't cook to save my life, and I am gone from home for at least 11 hours every weekday. I tend to take fruit with me to work for lunch, and make something quick around 8 at night for dinner. Ironically, the weekends (the time I'm actually home) is when I do the worst for food. My cheat days, I guess.

I decided to finally look at the forums, so I can meet people who are motivated to being healthy, who can help keep me motivated as well. I look forward to getting to know you all, and am excited to begin this journey with all of you!

Replies

This discussion has been closed.